Sowards 'possible try'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If it went to video ref it could well have been awarded.... As much as I dislike Soward, it was a smart play to run the length and ground it juuuuuust in case...

Only looked like a try because everyone else played to the whistle...

Wolfman should have thrown the ball much harder at him...

MadMarcus said:
Napper said:
Either way knock or not whoever stopped play should be dropped.

They should be dropped even if they got it right???
Yep. Why stop play when they could have went to video ref as it was obvious he was going to score.

Their first try was from a forward pass, and the second was a double movement after a knock on. What I saw as the turning point was when Morris fielded our kick in his in-goal and Foran was the ONLY player there. Needless to say Morris stepped the fast approaching Foran and made it back into the field of play plus metres. If we could have got back to back, we score. 12 all. Poor effort from us at that point.

I agree 100% Napper and yes the refs should be dropped.

Might I add the three dragons tries weren't fair tries.

Try 1 pass to Weyman a metre forward.

Try 2 knocked on, obstruction and double movement

Try 3 tryscorer in front of kicker and ball not grounded.

I could go on and end up back at Harrigans clanger on the Gasnier try.

Napper said:
MadMarcus said:
Napper said:
Either way knock or not whoever stopped play should be dropped.

They should be dropped even if they got it right???
Yep. Why stop play when they could have went to video ref as it was obvious he was going to score.

We waste enough time going to the video. If he was wrong by all means crucify him but if he was right I think he should be congratulated.

And I don't think he would have scored if the ref hadn't called the knock on. Manly players didn't chase because they knew play had been pulled up. Soward knew play had been pulled up too but he kept running because he loves the attention.

Soward knew play had been pulled up too but he kept running because he loves the attention.
[/quote]

And he's such a wanka!

irrelevant- the 2nd try was a double movement. therefore a penalty should have been the result there & the rest of the half would have been different

Looked a fair try on the replays I saw. But who cares. As mentioned above, first try was defo a forward pass and enough doubt in the second one not to award. One thing is for sure, there is no bigger ponce in the NRL than Soward.

Brookie said:
their last try came from a knock on too!

i noticed that on fox they only showed 1 replay which gave a hint of doubt about the grounding & then they quickly moved on. it would have been nice to get a few looks at it to confirm or deny the legitimacy of that try.
if we had scored it they would have checked it over & over.

DSM5 said:
Their first try was from a forward pass, and the second was a double movement after a knock on. What I saw as the turning point was when Morris fielded our kick in his in-goal and Foran was the ONLY player there. Needless to say Morris stepped the fast approaching Foran and made it back into the field of play plus metres. If we could have got back to back, we score. 12 all. Poor effort from us at that point.

Totally agree. My brother and I thought that was a key moment.

Dragons first try - fair call. Pass was flat and if that was us i'd be hoping it would be awarded also.
Dragons 2nd try - knock on, double movement, take your pick. This decision was 100% wrong.
Dragons 3rd try - again fair call. Nightingale timed his run, Oldie was slow to react and chase. Brett was in midfield as he would have assumed Soward was going to take a field goal, and just couldnt get to the ball in time.

Honestly don't care if it should of been a fair try or not. Soward is such a sh#thead he doesn't deserve anything to go his way.

Daddycool said:
Honestly don't care if it should of been a fair try or not. Soward is such a sh#thead he doesn't deserve anything to go his way.

Can't stand him either but if it happened to Manly i'd go off.

Manly players didn't chase because they knew play had been pulled up. Soward knew play had been pulled up too but he kept running because he loves the attention.

Dragons 2nd try - knock on, double movement, take your pick. This decision was 100% wrong.

I thought I was the only one that could see that there was a double movement in the 2nd try. But it was given as a 'Benefit of the Doubt' Try? There was no doubt about it that there was a double movement in the play. If that had of been Manly that scored that Try, it wouldn't have been awarded as a 'Benefit of the Doubt' Try let alone would the Try have been awarded at all. I couldn't help screaming at the Video Ref 'Are You Blind?!' But, then again, the Dragon's scored so the Ref HAD to give it to them.
Onto the subject of Soward now, I thought it was funny how the Dragon's fans thought they were going to score a Try through Soward only it was called back and when he was about half-way to three quarters down the ground, he started turning his head around and saw that no one was following him so he started to slow down.
Boy, was the Dragon's fans fuming at that one! I couldn't keep from laughing. Why did it get called back anyway? I thought maybe Soward must have been called off-side or something. And now that I think about it, I reckon he does quite like the screaming cheering from the Dragon's fans when he's racing away to the try line. Because he's the fastest one out of the lot maybe? No one can catch him. Although, I think he shows off a bit with this. Especially the way he stands when he's about to do the field goal. At the start he looks as though he's marching in a band.
Anyway, the Dragon's may have won the game, but for me, I still got a laugh from the Dragon's fans fuming over that play being called back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6