Souths get $10 Million

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The hoops we've had to jump through to get funding for Brookie and what have they done to get 10 Mil - just like that, unbelievable!

I smell a rat :(

Bomack44 said:
What's the problem with that. We have got money from the govt for the upgrade.

They have got $ for a frick fracken "High performance unit" in addition to the upgrades to redfern oval already afforded (IIRC)

So the Vermin get $10 million for a "high performance unit" ?

The Slime getting $29 million to upgrade Parramatta Stadium. Which, let's face it, is not exactly crumbling in the first place.

And yet we get about one third of what will be needed to turn Brookie into anything even approaching a modern facility ? What the frack ?

Yes, I know we like the atmosphere at Brookie. The hill is amazing. But we are the last club to play (full time) out of a ground that ostensibly hasn't changed (except for the Arko stand) since the 70's except to have it's capacity reduced.

Calling Tony and Mike. How about you do what the rest of the muppets do and look after your own ?

must be nice for souths as the local council chipped in 3 million (imagine trying to get that outta ours for brookie)

And for some reason the NRL has coughed up 3 million. Again...wouldn't that be nice if they chipped in that amount for a actual playing ground.

The fact that albanese is there grinning like a fat fcuk when he said Manly will never get anything whilst he was in charge of those particular purse strings makes it...a tad more annoying.

I'm not sure why this govt has gone ahead and thrown 10 mill away tbh.

Hasn't cigar chomping hockey been telling everyone to tighten their belts, poors to get off the road whilst we all pay billions so we can window dress with a 'war' so they can add a chapter to their autobiographies?

(wow that went off track at the end!)

give brookie more $$$$$$!!!!

Bit of perspective here - Albanese originally offered 16M, Tone bumped that down to 10 (same as what we got, Dogs got 4M), and Randwick Council will own the facility effectively with Souths "leasing" it back.

Loobs said:
Bit of perspective here - Albanese originally offered 16M, Tone bumped that down to 10 (same as what we got, Dogs got 4M), and Randwick Council will own the facility effectively with Souths "leasing" it back.

There is no place for perspective on here.

Does anybody in authority at the NRL realise that Manly is the ONLY club on the north side of the city? We represent a region stretching from Milsons Point to the Newcastle boundary. We are a vital part of rugby league. Yet we seem to be cast as incidental. The NRL and State Government want us to give up our homeland and play out of stadia as foreign to us as privacy is to George Clooney. The media has a vendetta to bring us down.
We are the pride of the North. We should be held in high esteem as without Manly leading the fight against Super League the NRL wouldn't exist today.
I get really disheartened when Manly gets passed over time and time again for funding and favours.

It's hard for Manly to complain about training facilities though because we use the state governments Sydney Academy of Sport at Narrabeen and have been for ages.

Frank said:
Loobs said:

There is no place for perspective on here.

I honestly don't think perspective is the problem here.

I personally don't think any taxpayers money really should be spent on any of these football grounds, especially while the government are claiming that we are in some sort of "budget emergency".

In saying that, what irritates a lot of us is the fact that other suburban grounds such as Parra, Kograh (6 games a year?), Wollongong (6 games?), Campbelltown (4 games), Cronulla, Belmore (no games), and Redfern (no games), all get more money from the government and the NRL than Brookie. And now that Brookie has been given a token amount that will not significantly improve it, apparently it's time to hand out more cash to Souths for another training facility.

If nobody got anything it would be much fairer for Manly that's for sure!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6