Souths Bad Luck

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
I dont really feel sorry for Souths about losing Nathan Merrit and Inglis this week, However i have to ask why doesn't this **** happen to the Storm they just don't get injured its like they have done a deal with the Devil or something.

Merrit was ruled out in the ridiculous "warm up" session.They're as long as a half of footy!Love to see the statistics for players getting ruled out in warm ups for the year.

conanu said:
I dont really feel sorry for Souths about losing Nathan Merrit and Inglis this week, However i have to ask why doesn't this s**t happen to the Storm they just don't get injured its like they have done a deal with the Devil or something.

Wishing injuries on other teams is bad, even if it is the Storm!..........All I want is for our team to stay fit, the rest should take care of itself!

ayjay007 said:
Merrit was ruled out in the ridiculous "warm up" session.They're as long as a half of footy!Love to see the statistics for players getting ruled out in warm ups for the year.

If they didn't warm up, I'd love to see the list of injuries.

anthonyb1965 said:
conanu said:
I dont really feel sorry for Souths about losing Nathan Merrit and Inglis this week, However i have to ask why doesn't this s**t happen to the Storm they just don't get injured its like they have done a deal with the Devil or something.

Wishing injuries on other teams is bad, even if it is the Storm!..........All I want is for our team to stay fit, the rest should take care of itself!

I wasnt wishing injurys on the Storm i was simply asking the question why these kind of things happen to Souths and others but not to the Storm. I am so superstitious about things like that i wouldnt wish injuries on the Storm cause i dont want that Karma to hit us.

TokyoEagle said:
ayjay007 said:

But,it's not a warm up-it's a full on training session.Tackling bags,kicks,running drills.Don't these guys train almost 52 weeks a year?I would have thought a few laps around the pground,and a good rub down would be enough to polish them off for the game.

conanu said:
anthonyb1965 said:
conanu said:

I wasnt wishing injurys on the Storm i was simply asking the question why these kind of things happen to Souths and others but not to the Storm. I am so superstitious about things like that i wouldnt wish injuries on the Storm cause i dont want that Karma to hit us.

Sika Manu got injured.....He is a storm player last i checked

ayjay007 said:
TokyoEagle said:
ayjay007 said:

But,it's not a warm up-it's a full on training session.Tackling bags,kicks,running drills.Don't these guys train almost 52 weeks a year?I would have thought a few laps around the pground,and a good rub down would be enough to polish them off for the game.

You have to get them warmed up and stretched to be in the best condition for extreme effort. After the game the warm down is just as important for recovery. If the game is 80 mins, i am sure that the warm up and warm down would be the same or even more than this.

Sorry guys im going to stop posting now, My Storm hatred had almost consumed me i was starting to lose the plot. Thankyou all for your patience. I had started to become more biased than the Nine commentators and thats when i knew i had to breathe, relax and just enjoy all your posts.

conanu said:
Sorry guys im going to stop posting now, My Storm hatred had almost consumed me i was starting to lose the plot. Thankyou all for your patience. I had started to become more biased than the Nine commentators and thats when i knew i had to breathe, relax and just enjoy all your posts.

You have nothing to apologise for, conanu.

The Eagle is Shane last time i checked.

Game of the year - but wow was that an obvious dive by Luke. His neck was as tight as a drum when he hit the ground. His head would have been like a rag doll the way he acted. Worse than farrar.

Did anyone catch Thurston's comments about how 'we would never do that' in the post-match presser?

Hilarious. That's karma for you Jono.

For what it's worth, this was a good result for us. It now means we cannot finish any lower than 3rd.

As an aside it was better for us that the scum won too. We were never going to get past them, but they would have been a tougher opposition coming off a loss than a narrow win.

Souths had plenty of good luck last night, an intercept try and sideline conversion to tie up the game. Then Cowboys field goal hits the upright and finally they take a dive and get a soft penalty to win the game. They should buy a lottery ticket.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8