• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Articles that are put on the front page of this site do not seem to have any readily visible info about their source - or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Most of them have the link to the article in the bottom of the article, this serves as the source.

I can only post them as users submit them, and if they do not include a source there isn't a lot I can do about it. But when you read the full article you will usually see the source URL.

Also the article Author generally is replaced with the source company too

You expect more?

9 out of 10 articles have the source on them. Usually the Author, if you look at the last 2 posted, 1 has "AAP" at the end, which is it's source. the other has the URL to the source. It just largely depends on what I am given at the time.

We also get original article which obviously are sourced only to the author

No that’s fine by me!

Not really worried about copyright, it's just that a few times I’ve wondered where a story came from but couldn’t find that info.

However I have been able to find it by googling the heading or first sentence.

Also there was an issue on mse a few days ago where there was an allegation of tricking people by posting an old article without saying it was old news. It was the ‘ATO raises Delmege solvency concerns’ (which is also on this site with no source).

In most situations it wouldn’t be an issue. That’s the only reason I asked.

Btw, just checked other current articles:
Eagles boss to stay till end of year – source in url at bottom
Finch Defends Cecchin – no source apparent?
Glenn Stewart charged by NRL Match review panel – just says AAP, but no link to original

I guess these days the source can be significant in working out the credibility of the news?

Sure.. AAP at the bottom is enough for Source legal reasons.

I ask that everyone who submits news, puts in the URL but it doesn't always happen. I should probably write that into the submit code too

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4