Sort of feel sorry for DCE.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just having a look through the site and came across this video.

No matter how you put it or who you supported that backline was awesome. For DCE to come into that system and excel was great but when you compare to what he has had the last few years a lot of the **** he gets is in my opinion unjustified. Doesnt matter how good you are. If the troops around you don't measure up then you can only go so well.

Man I love the possible DCE to Foran inside to Snake back out to killer onto wolfman who kicked back inside to about 5 Manly guys that could all have scored sort of play. Talent across the board.

DCE is about to have the best years of his career.
With the team Des will build around him.

Des failed (to win a comp) at the dogs because he didn’t have a quality half like Daly.

As for Daly love the bloke, he’s bullied relentlessly by sections of the media but never bites just raises his head above it.

The challenge for DCE is to go from a very good half back to an elite one. He needs to consistently manage games, we lost too many games over the last 3 years due to lack of game management from our halves and DCE is experienced enough to do this consistently, to me this is the difference between him, Thurston and Cronk, I think that DCE is a brilliant individual player but this is what he must improve on, hopefully with a steady and reliable five eighth he will be much more consistent at this.

DCE is about to have the best years of his career.
With the team Des will build around him.

Des failed (to win a comp) at the dogs because he didn’t have a quality half like Daly.

As for Daly love the bloke, he’s bullied relentlessly by sections of the media but never bites just raises his head above it.
Spot on mate and Des will build the team around him .

The challenge for DCE is to go from a very good half back to an elite one. He needs to consistently manage games, we lost too many games over the last 3 years due to lack of game management from our halves and DCE is experienced enough to do this consistently, to me this is the difference between him, Thurston and Cronk, I think that DCE is a brilliant individual player but this is what he must improve on, hopefully with a steady and reliable five eighth he will be much more consistent at this.
While I see your point I don't think you can compare to Thurston and cronk who have had pretty good rosters around them. Cronk has never played with a poor spine or coach. Thurston has had some so so sides but those sides were always built around him and his game. If Dce had have had that spine of 2011 over the past 6 years he would already be a multiple comp winner and legend.

Last edited:
If Des can give us a team that plays like that again, all will be forgiven. But it's a hard ask. That team, over a three- or four-year period, was just phenomenal. Any given game, I never thought we'd lose, and we rarely did. Some of those tries, the skills involved - I'd stack that team against any team from any era and be confident they'd come out on top. Those players in that period built Des Hasler's coaching reputation. The fact he still has plenty to prove can only work in our favour.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4