• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Same team from SOO1
apart from
Gidley in for Hornby
Simpson in for Cross

Gasnier also selected to have fitness test
Hayne also selected on the wing but has to face judiciary
No shadow players named

Hopefully Gasiber won't be ruled out until Monday leaving Lyon free to play this weekend

While Simpson did play well in a losing side on the weekend, Kite has been averaging great metres the whole year, and can do the back row/front row thing, which would have been an advantage of Simpson.

What a silly decision.

It is no surpirse with dick nose daley as one of the NSW selectors. 

I'm happy that Kite and Lyon weren't picked and I can see why Kite wouldn't get a go.  He's behind Perry and Hall in our pack.  Lacks a bit of mobility, makes a few errors and gives away the odd penalty for being slow of the man.  Lyon hasn't shown his undoubted attacking skills so is an obvious no pick.  Look at the speed of the Storm big guys when tackled.  That's what Bellamy likes.  We'll need all hands on deck this Sunday given the attacking prowess the rorters displayed last night.     

Joel Monaghan has been called in ahead of Killer as the cover for Gaz.

Obviously you'd put that down to the fact that he outplayed Killer on Friday night, but still, Lyon's got to feel a bit unlucky.

I thought Monaghan looked very average in defence last weekend

I heard Bellamy on the radio earlier saying Simpson was just the kind of man he wanted coz he can play front and back row

Perry is close to, if not the form prop in the competition at the moment, His lateral defense has been great, how good was his try saver on Carney.

Simpson plays 1 game after missing the start of the year with injury and gets straight in. Oh well NSW loss is Manlys gain.

DSM5 link said:
I'm happy that Kite and Lyon weren't picked and I can see why Kite wouldn't get a go.  He's behind Perry and Hall in our pack.  Lacks a bit of mobility, makes a few errors and gives away the odd penalty for being slow of the man.  Lyon hasn't shown his undoubted attacking skills so is an obvious no pick.  Look at the speed of the Storm big guys when tackled.  That's what Bellamy likes.  We'll need all hands on deck this Sunday given the attacking prowess the rorters displayed last night.     
You are kidding about Kite. He made 165 metres versus Perry's 116 last weekend. Perry is good but Kite does the hard yards and sucks the ruck in for the later plays. His defence is superb and he is very mobile for a big man.

I like Kite, but would rather Perry at the moment due to his impact factor. He carts 4 guys and still makes an extra 15 mts. I don't know how the stats are worked out but Perry has been best prop for weeks.

I agree with Perry's impact but to suggest that he is behind Perry is to misunderstand the situation. Kite's workrate and solidity complement the enforcer role and good offloads offered by Perry.

On another topic, when is King due back??

I think Kite is just not destined to be picked by Bellamy. First, they used the 'he was the test 5/8th' excuse for picking Bird over Anasta, which obviously didn't work with Kite, even though I think he was the only NSW prop in the Test match. Secondly, Simpson got in because Bellamy is looking for someone who can play both prop and second row, which Kite can also do, just that Kite has been playing all year and didn't come back from injury a week ago.

The reasons to hate Bellamy just keep building and building.

CW, King and Vatuvei did very similar injuries on consecutive days. Vatuvei was named for this week but has failed a fitness test, so i think King will be back straight after the bye for us

Interesting to see if Des steers back to having King & Perry start up front with Kite in 2nd row or if he has moved on from that experiment ?

Well Kite has improved since going back to front row however logig isn't one of Des' strong points -> Bryant/Willo

The Wheel link said:
Well Kite has improved since going back to front row however logig isn't one of Des' strong points -> Bryant/Willo

As spelling isn't one of yours  :p

C isn't even right next to G!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8