Sonny Bill Williams leaves Bulldogs for France

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Exclusive, by David Riccio

July 26, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24081888-5001021,00.html

BULLDOGS superstar Sonny Bill Williams is believed to have fled the NRL bound for an immediate switch to French rugby union club Toulon, the team coached by retired All Black Tana Umaga.

Williams left Australia yesterday without even informing the Bulldogs of his decision.

The champion forward is under contract with the Bulldogs for another four year and his move overseas will spark a legal fight.

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said: “”I’ve had QC’s look at his contract and there is absolutely no get-out clause.

”I’m shocked that he’s left because I saw him Oatley at 7.30am this morning.’’

Williams was chosen in the Bulldogs team to play the Dragons on Monday night in Sydney.

theres goes 50% of channel nines vocabulary....

too be honest i am surprised it didn't happen sooner with the money that he can command.

I hope the Dogs really **** him, make him stick to his deal and park his arse on the couch for 4 years

He can go and get stuffed

Hope the dogs sue the **** out of him for lost income. 

Now that gasnier and SBW are gone who will gus profess his love for now?  Maybe back to Freddie if they beat us tomorrow. 

tookey link said:
Hope the dogs sue the S**t out of him for lost income. 

Now that gasnier and SBW are gone who will gus profess his love for now?  Maybe back to Freddie if they beat us tomorrow. 

gus still has khunt and friend

Who cares.  Chasing big bucks, so what.  So long as we win the premiership I don't care what happens to the dogs or any other team.

Players of similar vintage and experience - Glenn Stewart and SBW.

I'd rather Glenn.  He has a head on his shoulders.

Glenn is heaps better.

I'd totally back the Bulldogs on this. Though I think his manager sounds like the real problem.

Who is Danny Weidler going to write about every week now ?? Oh that's right Mundine and Mason will still provide him with a useless quote very week.

By the way, wasn't Dunny Bill supposed to go and help out some junior footy team as part of that win Dunny Bill for a day promotion they had on the footy show. Those kids will be pretty pi$$ed off that he isn't going to show up. Manly should step into the breach and offer to send our own version of SBW, Cougar Williamson.

That has already been done C&C, last thursday

The side he went to help lost 22-12, their best effort by miles

OK fair enough, don't watch the show that often, but one of the boys at the pub mentioned the competition they had running. Oh well just another missed opportunity for the Cougar.

What a special bloke! How many people on here have supported him as entitled to seek any amount from anywhere and to hell with the consequences?

Actually I never had a problem with someone seeking a higher income but SBW's antics are just way over the top.

He complained about having to front up about his drinking problem - however he is a criminal for driving over the limit, has driven with a suspended license, has been fined for urinating in public and has filled the papers with lurid stories of toilet trysts. No - he doesn't have a drinking problem and he doesn't need to relieve any pressure on his club as their highest profile player - yeh, right.

He complained about not being involved in every signing decision, and this included senior management decisions to any players the Bulldogs were looking for. Sure, let the 22 year old kid run the club.

Any one who thinks a footballer of his stature is like any other employee is completely wrong. He plays a huge role in team harmony, team playing tactics, sponsor expectations and fan expectations. The fact is that he has let down his employer who has a legally binding contract for his services, he has let down the NZ RL by walking away from the game, he has let down the sponsors that make the club viable and he has let down the supporters who are the lifeblood of the club.

Look, good luck to him - but he honestly doesn't deserve too much of anything from anyone in RL from now on.

Saw the start of the Sunday Roast today and it was great

Weidler was on sticking up for SBW, saying he had no option etc, and Geyer was fuming, really firing up. Called SBW a dog at 1 point and Weidler tried to but in and I thought MG was gvonna cut loose on him lol

tbh Cliffy, i don't really know, other than what is on forums. Disappointment and not a lot of support i would suggest

The reason i don't know is that there is no way i was listening to the radio this morning after an All Blacks loss, especially with the Deans v Henry thing. Talkback after an ABs loss is painful to listen too

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I hope the Dogs really F**k him, make him stick to his deal and park his arse on the couch for 4 years
  And tie up more than 10% of their salary cap?  We all know that won't happen which is exactly why he has left.  The players know a club can't afford to enforce a contract and remain competitive.

Mata, i would have no prob with the NRL granting them a concession for whatever his contract is worth in that situation

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6