Something rotten in the State of . .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
Paul Conlon Chairman of the Judiciary Resigns !

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-judiciary-boss-paul-conlon. -quits-over-paul-gallen-twitter-rant/story-fnca0von-1227106069002?nk=3c6ce5b97adad2a3b202b97d9fe169c2

Cant help thinking He could no longer live with Tod Greenslime's interference.
Yes Gallens penalty was disproportionate. Is that because he doesnt play for Dogs ?

I'm all for principles, but quitting my job in support of a drug cheat is not my idea of an ideological stance worth taking.

Yes, when I heard the news I thought it sounded quite bizarre. It certainly smacks of there being more to it than what was quoted.

Chip n Chase what a pig headed response...Drug Cheat,...being shafted by the code and management of the game u play maybe....but no drug cheat...

As for the other bull****...Pulver and Smith will fall on their own swords together...The worst 2 administrators of any code in the respective histories...AS for NRL as soon as we can get rid of Smith and Greenturd the better it will be for all.

Frogz said:
Chip n Chase what a pig headed response...Drug Cheat,...being shafted by the code and management of the game u play maybe....but no drug cheat...

As for the other bull****...Pulver and Smith will fall on their own swords together...The worst 2 administrators of any code in the respective histories...AS for NRL as soon as we can get rid of Smith and Greenturd the better it will be for all.

Problem being, in taking the deal, he effectively admitted to being a drug cheat. And to me, that was way dumber than his tweet.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Frogz said:

Problem being, in taking the deal, he effectively admitted to being a drug cheat. And to me, that was way dumber than his tweet.
[/quot

wasn't just him...was forced on all of them due to the lack of support by the governing body during the whole process...No A sample...No B sample...no positive test...

I understand how it looks and I don't know the inner workings (as no one does) but they were screwed either way...believe me I KNOW he didn't want to take the deal

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Yes, when I heard the news I thought it sounded quite bizarre. It certainly smacks of there being more to it than what was quoted.
As I suspected. The judge's letter is reproduced ... here.
Makes interesting reading.

Frogz said:

My bad, I was under the impression he admitted guilt and accepted the punishment. Maybe in all the excitement of Choc leaving I missed the press conference where he announced that he was going to fight the charges and clear his name.

Frogz said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:
Frogz said:

[/quot

wasn't just him...was forced on all of them due to the lack of support by the governing body during the whole process...No A sample...No B sample...no positive test...

I understand how it looks and I don't know the inner workings (as no one does) but they were screwed either way...believe me I KNOW he didn't want to take the deal

Sorry to be blunt but that does not make a difference

He pleaded guilty and got off very lightly

Take a weeks suspension to make the 6 months of **** go away - not many wouldn't have taken it guilty or not.

He had to pay his own legal bills to fight it.

I'm with @Frogz on this one.
This whole affair has been an embarrassment from the beginning.
Gallen & Co were backed into a corner & merely took the lesser of two evils.
The 'punishment' for the so-called crime was farcical. If they had any sort of substantiated evidence no way would the backdated punishment have been on the table. What a joke!! They did not have anything and had to come up with a "conviction" somewhere to justify their existence.
Unfortunately for Gallen he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. What happened to the Sharks could easily have happened to any one of 15 other clubs.

Clint said:
I'm with @Frogz on this one.
This whole affair has been an embarrassment from the beginning.
Gallen & Co were backed into a corner & merely took the lesser of two evils.
The 'punishment' for the so-called crime was farcical. If they had any sort of substantiated evidence no way would the backdated punishment have been on the table. What a joke!! They did not have anything and had to come up with a "conviction" somewhere to justify their existence.
Unfortunately for Gallen he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. What happened to the Sharks could easily have happened to any one of 15 other clubs.
It didn't happen at the other 15 clubs.
So why is Gallen's rage directed at NRL instead of at his own club's football staff - including former head coach - that allowed the players to be put in this position?

I applaud conlon's action and only hope it leads to a revolution of sorts against smith and greenburg who are ruining this great game. (But it prob wont.)

With regards to Gallen (as I have said elsewhere) the 50k is a ridiculous penalty.

With regards to the drugs saga, to quote an Olympic athlete (and probably most Olympic athletes...)

"If someone came up to me and tried to inject something into my blood stream, I would run 10 miles in the opposite direction! It is made very clear that the athletes and the athletes alone are responsible for what goes into their bodies. Also, if we were found guilty, or plead guilty to taking banned drugs, we would cop a 2 year suspension, not 6 weeks."

I'm with Frogz on this one as well

See it the same as a player taking the early guilty plea at the judiciary to miss a week rather than fighting it and getting 2 or 3

Am sure we all remember the Jason King shoulder charge earlier in the year that he was pinged for. Everyone knew he wasn't guilty of it but it wasn't worth the fight so he pleaded guilty

What an absolute crock of sh1t. If I had called my boss a C**t on twitter I would have been summarily sacked, depression or no depression and so would each and every one of you people if you did the same thing.

There would have been no tribunal for me before the decision and my stress levels of the past 2 years would have counted for zip.

It doesn't matter that Gallen was right in his assessment of Smith and the NRL, due respect is what should have been afforded. I bet if I was to appear before that same judge and call him a C**t in the Court I would probably been held in contempt of Court by the bloody hypocrite.

After some of the judiciary decisions this bloke has presided over I say good riddance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant Over.

Without trying to defend the asada investigation.....because even I am not that good:

I am going to venture that...

Guilty of taking banned substances> guilty of a questionable shoulder charge (which was also recorded on tv unlike the 'drug' taking)

Or, as hyperbole is the nature of today:

Not fighting a speeding fine is the same as not fighting a murder charge?

However it's also probably subjective to the lengths individuals would fight/defend various charges.

Yet I believe Gallen has been badly advised with regards to the ridiculously run asada NRL (and AFL) investigations.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8