Some upcoming milestones and features

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
As of July 15th 2014 Silvertails.net will be turning 10! yes 10 years, it seems ludicrous to me that we started that long ago, they were great times and I have met some great people through the site that I genuinely call good friends now.

It has been such a great source of entertainment, stress, work and fun for me and a great adventure.

To celebrate this birthday we will be looking at adding a number of features to the site.

1 - The most important will be a memorial page for members who have passed over the years and gone to the great aerie in the sky. We cant possibly include everyone in this but we have reached out to a number of people to talk to their friends and family to get the nod in adding them to this list. I'd like this to be an ongoing project to honour those who enriched our own lives and time on this site so often.

2 - Social Groups
One thing that I have long wanted to do with Silvertails is to use it as a vehicle to bring fans together. Out of each of the clubs, we have one of the best fan sites with the richest and best content. We aren't just a family we are a community. When the site started we were a group of guys who gathered for games on the hill and at the club, over the years we have fractured and splintered and the vastly improved fortunes of our club means the support for them has risen, I remember sitting having a beer with Ryan on the hill watching a reserve grade game in about 2005 or 2006 and he said "imagine if we make the finals, imagine if we get a home final" that is how far we had falled and how high we have risen.

I'd like to see the mateship and groups that we had return, and I'd like Silvertails be the vehicle for getting groups of users together for games, whether that be in your home towns (We had a decent Hervey Bay cheer squad, and so far the Amsterdam group has 2 members) I would love to see you create groups plan events and group attendance and really see the Sea Eagles supporters joined in their support of the team. I will be adding a feature (still in testing) called social groups. This will allow you to create a group, much like Facebook and you will have your own sub section of Silvertails where you can post about events and upcoming group gatherings, id really like this to be the beginning of that.

3 - I am considering a members hall of fame, for some of the more memorable users.

4 - I want to re-invent the silvertails memes page and get that into more of a wiki format so we can continue to edit and update it with the various memes that get created here.....much like the Byes meme. The reason is that for new members it can often be difficult to break ground and become a recognised community member, that shouldnt be the way, we shouldn't be exclusive and clique like we should be open and welcoming to all, after all we have a common goal and passion, the more that share in that the better

5 - I am open to ideas and suggestions to really start taking this community to the next level

Dan

Congratulations @Dan on such a remarkable achievement.

No joking here, and even though I've only been a member for almost 6 months now, I had been reading the site (and forums) for 2 to 3 years on and off prior to taking the registration-plunge.

Obviously I'm not privy to the genesis and transformation of the site over a whole decade, but it's more than clear what it means to many people and how much sweat and love you've poured in.

I don't go to other teams; sites or forums, and never have.

I'm more than confident this would be the benchmark.

Congratz again and good luck with the proposed changes mate.

"I have a dream!"

Well done unkie Dan, putting up with running this site for 10 years(it is worthy of a sainthood.)

I agree with your sentiments. A real connection with others, and not just "thru teh internetz lolz" is a good thing.

Keep up the good work! For me it's great to have this site. It's so nice to have a Manly link. Otherwise there'd be no one to talk footy with (all my hats are kinda mute).

So party on everyone and Happy Canada day!

Silvertails is a super site, with super people. And it just goes to show Dan, that you're not resting on your laurels, not standing still. You have a direction. You are to be thanked and congratulated for your thoughts and the time you put into it from so far away.

Suggest we all organise a welcome home party for Dan, when he does finally return to the mother ship, whenever that be.

Great Work Dan. Thanks for all your work. I love coming here and sharing thoughts about the team that is very close to our hearts. Its great to celebrate as a group when we win, and all send our words of support (and anger) when we lose.

I know there has been discussion about it before, but a game day live chat (sort of like FB or the old MSN) would be great. Many of us watching from home comment in the game day thread and i think we miss alot of comments in the thread style. I think it would also be a good way for people who don't live in Sydney to get to know each other better as im sure you will get a group of regulars joining the chat.

Was that 2005 game where Cuthbo was playing wide and we flogged Norths with Slater at fullback 54 - 6? (With Rhino cheering for both teams) I was sitting down with you guys as well that game, your old man was there as well iirc.

The start of the Cuthbo on the wing calls

Congrats to Dan on 10 years of blood, sweat & tears. MWSE has gone from strength to strength in this time & as has Silvertails. I've loved the 3 years I've been posting :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2