Some of the odds this weekend, if only i were a punter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So obviously I have started including more odds on the site and will do some more tie-ins later with this, but one caught my eye today, and am thinking about having a bet for the hell of it.

Knights are paying $8 top beat the storm head to head. I mean I know they are inconsistent but they have played some good footy and I can see them doing the storm.

They are also paying $1.90 with a 22 point start. Both of those are bloody good odds.

In saying that, has something happened in the knights camp that would cost them this game, have they lost anyone in particular?

I jut dont see how they are $8 for the win.

Dan

The away teams who can't make the finals are all considered long shots, because they can't make the finals and they are playing away... Bunnies will be in the same boat by the time they take the field. That is the main thing we have going for us, it's a pretty big thing, so I hope we take the field with fully fit players even if some are inexperienced.  

I have a feeling the broncos may get up as well. Just one of those gut feelings, mayhave to open an account and put $50 on a few split bets without the Mrs finding out :)

I suppose the other thing is that it will be the final game for a number of Storm players, they will probably want to make some kind of point about how great they are, and the match will be before a parochial sell-out crowd. They sold 15000 tickets at $1 each apparently to ensure a sell-out for this game.

Hate to say it but the Bulldogs with 6 or 7 start against a team that has been legless in most second halves that is now missing their ONLY 3 80 minute forwards all at once looks pretty good to me.

How tired will we be in the second half this week when those blokes that usually play 20-30 minutes and look tired ( Rose, Perry, Cross ) have to play 40,50 or 60 ?? then Ben Barba comes on off the bench fresh ??  

I think its like stealing money much as i hate to say it.

Remember Dan, bet responsibly. And if there are any unusual trends such as big plunges in novelty options in the dogs game, jump on!

I wouldn't want to be coming up against them, that is for sure

The Indian link said:
Hate to say it but the Bulldogs with 6 or 7 start against a team that has been legless in most second halves that is now missing their ONLY 3 80 minute forwards all at once looks pretty good to me.

How tired will we be in the second half this week when those blokes that usually play 20-30 minutes and look tired ( Rose, Perry, Cross ) have to play 40,50 or 60 ?? then Ben Barba comes on off the bench fresh ??  

Yeah I had a look at that too, but just couldn't bet on one of our games, watching them is hard enough!

Sportingbet.com.au odds (link)

Manly

(-6.5) 1.91  

(-8) 2.00  
(-5) 1.72  

(1-12) 3.10  
(13+) 2.55  

(+12.5) 1.10  

Canterbury

(+6.5) 1.91  

(+5) 2.00  
(+8) 1.72  

(1-12) 4.35  
(13+) 6.50  

(+12.5) 1.50  

(Draw) 26.00  

Raiders are without Tongue and it is away. Still, I wouldn't count on the Bongos getting the bananas though.

I have hardly had a bet on Manly all year. In fact if you look at any team that has come up against them with a realistic chance then they have got the money. I won't back against Manly so I won't put anything on this game.

I'd take Drugcastle with the start.

Wallace is going to play for the Donkeys tonight as well. Still has a crook shoulder but is putting it on the line....I like that about him and could spark and inspire them.

The Raiders may assume they have it in the bag too which is always dangerous

You are dead right Dan, $8.00 is way overs. I reckon $4.00 would be OK odds.

I will have something on them at the $8.00 or even with the start at $1.90.

And I agree about the Bronco's, I am a self confessed bad judge, but I reckon the Raiders bubble will bust and Thiaday and co will shine and get the win.

The Indian link said:

Did you see the Dogs last week. They hardly rattled home scoring a massive 2 points in the last 66 minutes of the match.

They led 16 nil after 14 minutes before losing 24-16.

I'm surprised we are favourites against Dogs. I reckon the 7.5 start on the Dogs at $1.90 is a good bet. Given our injury/suspension toll I'm not confident. I'm just not sure who is actually going to stand up and lead the forwards....King ??

Knights without Gidley in Melbourne deserve to be rank outsiders. The 20 + start is tempting, but if Melbourne want to finish a pr!ck of a season with a bang it could get ugly for the Druggies as they have nothing much to play for.

this is one of the more tempting weeks for having a punt I have seen all season

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8