Some 2010 predictions for Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
to get the blood going  :D ;) I will go on record (and cop the flak)

1. That Ben Farrar isn't our answer in the centres. He isn't quick enough, big enough and reminds me of Adam McDougall. To start, Jamie and Matai should be 1st choice.  I am secretly hoping a smoky in Whare and Hoppa jnr will come thru!

2. Trent and Keiran become our best combo halves.

3. Glenn Stewart won't play high level rep footy anymore.

4. Darcy Lussick to make a big impact by end of 2010.

5. Chris Bailey and George Rose will struggle to make the 17 with Gulavou turning up.

Darren link said:
to get the blood going  :D ;) I will go on record (and cop the flak)

1. That Ben Farrar isn't our answer in the centres. He isn't quick enough, big enough and reminds me of Adam McDougall. To start, Jamie and Matai should be 1st choice.  I am secretly hoping a smoky in Whare and Hoppa jnr will come thru! RUBBISH

2. Trent and Keiran become our best combo halves. I DON'T THINK DES WILL GAMBLE ON BOTH STARTING, EITHER LYON/FORAN OR TRENT LYON. BUT I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT.

3. Glenn Stewart won't play high level rep footy anymore. DON'T AGREE

4. Darcy Lussick to make a big impact by end of 2010. WILL GET LIMITED 1ST GRADE

5. Chris Bailey and George Rose will struggle to make the 17 with Gulavou turning up. I AGREE WILL BAILEY BUT GEORGE WILL BE ONE OF THE 1ST PROPS

Darren link said:
to get the blood going  :D ;) I will go on record (and cop the flak)

1. That Ben Farrar isn't our answer in the centres. He isn't quick enough, big enough and reminds me of Adam McDougall. To start, Jamie and Matai should be 1st choice.  I am secretly hoping a smoky in Whare and Hoppa jnr will come thru!

2. Trent and Keiran become our best combo halves.

3. Glenn Stewart won't play high level rep footy anymore.

4. Darcy Lussick to make a big impact by end of 2010.

5. Chris Bailey and George Rose will struggle to make the 17 with Gulavou turning up.

1. Like Farrar but still not sure about him.
2. Lyon will be 5/8 and Co Captain - Des's want him in the halves. Like to see how Foran/Hodgo would go.
3. Glenn maybe better than last year with Snake back - he will be one of our highlights this year.
4. Lussick is a big chance but doesnt need the pressure put on him yet - maybe held back this year for a while.
5. Georgie is on the crest of Rep footy going by last year and Bailey is another of Des's favorites and will be given a start.

1, I like Farrar, doesn't have to be a superstar but seems solid enough, if he turns out as good as MacDougall has been in the centres I would be quite happy tbh

2, Don't think they will get a run together

3, Possibility, but I think the work he does is valued at rep levels

4, Can't see Lussick getting a crack unless we have injuries, I rate him though, he impressed me more than JWH last season

5, No chance of Rose missing the squad imo

I'm thinking that Perry, Kite and King are certainties. He didn't sign Gulavou to play premier league. It's certainly great competition.

I thought Rose played as well (if not better) than Perry and Kite last season, also thought Glenn Stewart had a fair season and was unlucky not to retain his rep spot.
The team looked a lot stronger when Des switched Farrar to fullback and Robbo back on the wing in those last few games, so he may yet turn out to be instrumental as the season goes on.

Darren link said:
I'm thinking that Perry, Kite and King are certainties. He didn't sign Gulavou to play premier league. It's certainly great competition.

I would say Rose would also be a certainty to make it 4 props on rotation

I actually think (I hope I'm not cursing the poor bloke) Rose would be better suited to State of Origin than say Brett White - but that's just the forum clown's opinion.

manlyborn link said:
I thought Rose played as well (if not better) than Perry and Kite last season, also thought Glenn Stewart had a fair season and was unlucky not to retain his rep spot.
The team looked a lot stronger when Des switched Farrar to fullback and Robbo back on the wing in those last few games, so he may yet turn out to be instrumental as the season goes on.

Glenn Stewart is a vital part of our team - more so than he is given credit for imo.

Totally agree with you.

Darren link said:

I'm not looking at Joe as part of our front row rotation, for me he is Hall's replacement, mainly interchanging into the 2nd row with the ability to push up front if needed

Darren link said:

Gulavou is a second rower and will probably be on the bench.

My predictions for 2010 are

1. Brett Stewart to be NRL leading try scorer

2. Foran to be our regular starting halfback, and a good one at that

3. Brent Kite to struggle for a starting spot and will seek to be released from his final year of contract and sign with ESL for 2011

I can't see Lussick getting any NRL game time this year unless we have a horrendous injury toll, or a very strong representative call up. I suppose there is an outside chance we'll see Whare or Hoppa Jnr if we have 2 or 3 injuries to outside backs, as depth isn't great. We've really only got T Rex for cover, but option of Lyon moving back to center with Bailey or Foran shuffling into 5/8.

hey, some of us are close, it seems big George is a disappointment and not near rep footy, let alone our 17 at present, brett will be the least try scorer  ;) Foran ain't the half, don't have to worry about Farrar being too slow 4 centres any more! Kite is still on the bench, Darcy Lussick lost at Sunshine coast, Trent and Keiran are the combo but not going good anymore! Glenn didn't make origin, Bailey still crap and holding those photos :) ::)

Haha yeah I thought the same SwornEagle. They couldn't look more dissimilar.

Darren picked Glenny out though. He's lost it. Disagree on Georgie, he's a bit plumpish, but he's still going better than Perry, King, Cross and should be one of the first picked on the bench.

woops, I meant Luke or Ben McDougall!!! I can see the funny side in my Ben/Adam comparison,damn keyboard!!

I can't believe you remembered to come back to your thread 6 months after posting predictions.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4