So what happens now?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

joeboy

Bencher
Pretty obvious choc is off.

Matai/snake we have no idea on, only press innuendo at this stage. Apart from matai asking for a release some months ago.

Dce and foran here for next year, but barely a sure thing if signing on for more at manly.

We have the nucleus of a good, solid young side, but not premiership contenders with a bucketload of experience gone if some kind of exodus. I'm all for rebuilding if and when the time is right. But releasing contracted players who still have plenty to offer is not a strategy that seems well thought out.

What direction is the club heading in?

Colour me worried.

Give it 3 or 4 days now our season is over all will be revealed id say

Even if they have a contract for next year, they should be released if they've asked for it. If you were that player, and you were denied release, are you going to 'put in' for the club ?
No. Not to NRL standard anyway, which is a high standard. We want players who WANT to be there.
If this means Choc, Snake, Skivvy, Foz are to go, so be it. Shame about Snake - better he be a 1 club player. But there is no certainty. King, Gifty gone. We need to buy some props. And they need to be good ones.

We will be ok. We may have a leaner few years but I'm excited to see guys like Hodges, Gutho, Trbojevic brothers, Jamil Hopoate all step up.
I think a lot of the current playing group inherited the Des Hasler "god complex".
Would be nice to see some young, hungry humble kids take us through under the guidance of Tooves.

Yeah it's been crazy the past two weeks I can start planning software upgrades and changes now but need to wait until all oftgis stuff blows over

Been unhappy at a club just coz said player gets a higher offer elsewhere AFTER they have signed a multi year contract isn't a problem us or any other club should be having. The nrl has let this situation manifest and is now been absolutely taken advantage of by greedy player managers and duplicitous clubs. Players can be talked into anything if the opportunity is there to do so. The nrl needs a hard line anti tampering rule and get a bit transparent bout the enforcement of contracts.

Say what you will about someone like SBW, at least he backs himself to perform and is afforded the luxury of going to the highest bidder when his short term contract runs out. The opportunity cost is the security offered by clubs that players seem to want. His flexibility is his own and I respect that. I dont respect players signing on until a club comes along In a different salary cap position and tries to agitate releases of previously happy players. And it's up to the NRL to reign it in and recognise what strengthened rugby league is fast being eroded. I don't want to support a team of mercenaries that regenerates like spawn every 2 or 3 years.

Dan said:
Yeah it's been crazy the past two weeks I can start planning software upgrades and changes now but need to wait until all oftgis stuff blows over

Excuse my bourbon state ignorance but what is oftgis?

Clint said:
Dan said:

Excuse my bourbon state ignorance but what is oftgis?

Oh f*ck the grandy im splittin.

Whatever smart ass :) all good i had to read it twice to figure it out too

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6