So long farewell, auf weidersehen good-bye. ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Thank you to the 5 Manly players leaving ...

Siro ... thanks mate and best wishes in England mate ..

GoJetSki ... good luck mate ..

Suli ... pull your finger out son and earn your wages ..

Zac Saddler ... sorry to see you go ... had high hopes for you .. good luck

Funa ... thanks and best wishes son ..

PSS ... Anybody know what the status is with Jorge ?

Zac looked good in his limited appearances - big tall body.

Can't argue about the rest leaving.

Does this mean Boyle is staying?

I think Jorge will have his own press release about him retiring. And so he should, he has been a great servant for Manly over the years

Last edited:
Probably just these guys have sorted gigs elsewhere whilst others may still leave or be resigned??

I’m guessing Boyle kept as Woods went to Dragons and he is depth but remember Dessie rates him as he was in the 17 before getting injured. He may surprise a few if he gets game time, just look at Keppie.

Jorge is for the island boys and a mentor. Still leaves 3 4 spots to fill, the 4 excludes Walker as he is counted in the 26 we have. It will all depend on how much we have to spend and if Boyle resigned maybe Des will be on the lookout for a good back who can cover FB, wing and centre, as well as a out and out centre. We finished in the top 4 with the current roster and playing most year with lot of forwards injured. Fix our go forward and edge defence no reason why we can’t be in the hunt in 2022. Also minimal disruption with all 5 leaving didn’t feature back end of the season in the 17, except Suli who only made 2 appearances in the last 8 rounds and finals.

None of those leaving are huge losses in my opinion.

Suli , has had a heap of chances to cement himself in a first grade role at two clubs and hasn’t as yet , time may tell.

Saddler , I didn’t see any of his games , he might turn out to be a superstar but that is a “ might “.

Curtis , time for him to go to the ESL , he’ll go really well over there.

GoJetSki , that’s where he should head too!

Funa , just wasn’t quite of first grade standards in my opinion , the Waratahs might suit him as there’s not much defence in Rugby.

None of those leaving are huge losses in my opinion.

Suli , has had a heap of chances to cement himself in a first grade role at two clubs and hasn’t as yet , time may tell.

Saddler , I didn’t see any of his games , he might turn out to be a superstar but that is a “ might “.

Curtis , time for him to go to the ESL , he’ll go really well over there.

GoJetSki , that’s where he should head too!

Funa , just wasn’t quite of first grade standards in my opinion , the Waratahs might suit him as there’s not much defence in Rugby.
I really fear for Suli at the struggling Saints, no classy backline there, a lot will be expected of him and not sure he's the one to deliver it.

Saddler is disappointing. Must be some training or personal thing. He has the upside, the build, the mongrel, to be a solid first grade forward.

It's so disappointing to see Moses go. Such huge potential to be such a damaging player but just didn't consistently show it and cement that center spot. I hope he finds some success but geez it'd be annoying to see it happen at the goons and not here.

Heard Jack G the sharks, he got butter fingers, poor goal line defender.
Saddler most disappointing of lot had size to make real impact.
Jorge I like to see him try as edge backrower tbh he can hit and has a decent motor.

Underwhelming career to date. I wish him well at the Steelers, but wont be holding my breath.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6