So fed up with Taufua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Firstly unfortunately agree....Tafua has been a fan favourite and busts his guts every week....but the game especially with the now quicker tempo, has passed him.
Not to defend his rushes off the wing, but there is also another reason that would scare any winger defensively
In the middle the contacts are often soft, where the opposition attack wins a quick play ball gifting them an overlap and Taufua can see a 5 on 3 situation and panics.
My main issue with Jorge these days is his sluggish turn and chase where a front rower will beat him to the ball...
If a side like Warriors can exploit it, Reynolds, Keary and co will cash in effortlessly...sad but true.

its not really his fault if des insist on selecting him. Tafua is too slow for a winger. Anyone can see that.

Firstly unfortunately agree....Tafua has been a fan favourite and busts his guts every week....but the game especially with the now quicker tempo, has passed him.
Not to defend his rushes off the wing, but there is also another reason that would scare any winger defensively
In the middle the contacts are often soft, where the opposition attack wins a quick play ball gifting them an overlap and Taufua can see a 5 on 3 situation and panics.
My main issue with Jorge these days is his sluggish turn and chase where a front rower will beat him to the ball...
If a side like Warriors can exploit it, Reynolds, Keary and co will cash in effortlessly...sad but true.
How many weeks have we been saying this yet Des won't change the tactics. I'm starting to believe Des thinks tactics are a new sort of mint!

Back 3...

1. Tafua good for a lost ball in a critical position
2. Garrick good to be smashed and slammed backwards on kick returns (add in crucial missed conversions)
3. Elliot fking ridiculous. He ain't no Papa for Storm who struggles himself with the lack of size, let alone a Ponga.

We consistently get rag-dolled big time and build zero momentum coming out of our halves... let alone in the red zone where Marty Party runs sideways and throws any advantage away.

One feels jorge has a steve mavin moment around the corner. He is NOT under the radar and only an idiot coach will not be targeting him weekly from now on. They stopped for a while but its back on

Jorge is oart of the opposition gameplan in BOLD

Back 3...

1. Tafua good for a lost ball in a critical position
2. Garrick good to be smashed and slammed backwards on kick returns (add in crucial missed conversions)
3. Elliot fking ridiculous. He ain't no Papa for Storm who struggles himself with the lack of size, let alone a Ponga.

We consistently get rag-dolled big time and build zero momentum coming out of our halves... let alone in the red zone where Marty Party runs sideways and throws any advantage away.
Can we please not mention Elliot in the same breath as those two. He’s not even a fb but has been forced to play there as in Des eyes he’s the best option we have in the absence of our made of glass million dollar fb.

its embarrassing. He is terrible now and easily the worst winger in the comp. He would concede 2-3 tries a game on average now. 1 vs poor teams (Cowboys) and 4 vs good teams (penrith). Clearly not good enough.

Funa and Harper need to be the centres/wingers from now along with suli and garrick. Hopoate needs to be fullback. Schuster off the bench.

Only a fool would pick Elliott & Taufua again.

1.Hoppa
2. Miski
3. Funa
4.Suli
5. Harper.
Des cannot continue picking the rubbish that is being served up by the current backline. Everytime Elliot gets the ball he either stifles the attack in their 20m zone or gets smashed backwards in our 20 m zone. It's garbage to watch and I can't believe how on earth he keeps getting picked. Taufua and Garrick are the weakest wingers in the competition and headspin Parker shouldn't be anywhere near a football field for the rest of the year.

maybe im missing something but the fact that he is out of position regularly when the opposition put on the chip kicks to their wingers is something that the coaching staff should have addressed a long time ago. all night(and each week) we are caught short out wide due to the defensive structure of compressing the middle to the extent we do. if jorge stays out wide the gap left inside would lead to more tries. sure his turn & chase isn't as quick as others but that first kick for a try was perfectly placed and i don't think many wingers would have stopped that playing with the structure we use.

maybe im missing something but the fact that he is out of position regularly when the opposition put on the chip kicks to their wingers is something that the coaching staff should have addressed a long time ago. all night(and each week) we are caught short out wide due to the defensive structure of compressing the middle to the extent we do. if jorge stays out wide the gap left inside would lead to more tries. sure his turn & chase isn't as quick as others but that first kick for a try was perfectly placed and i don't think many wingers would have stopped that playing with the structure we use.
not many teams have the structure we use, which is having our winger 25m infield from sideline.

Even the walking fence post Blocker said numerous times last night that we only had 3 defenders between the goalposts and the sideline.

If Blocker can see it, surely Des can.

And you have to wonder how and why?! Double the amount of tries are conceded on his side, teams target him EVERY week, same weekly defensive mistakes, never breaks the line in kick return... I’mlost for words as to how gets a run each week.
Double the amount of tries are scored on our left edge ??? Interesting, that sounds like a lot, you got some link to prove that stat ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6