Snake...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
I was thinking about Brett and wanted to know what u guys think.after suffering such bad injurys to both his knees ,in reality do u guys think when he returns eventually he will be back to his previous best? I hope to god he can play like he used to,to me he had seemed out of sorts over the last 12 months (obviously with whats hanging over his head how could one focus or play well) im not saying he played badly but it seemed maybe his first knee injury had affected his game as well as the off field stuff going on affecting his game.After now another bad knee injury i just fear we may never see the Try scoring wizard Brett of old,knee recos are not like shoulder recos,you dont use your arms to run,well i mean yeah the knee injurys could slow him down,Dont mean to be negative,but in reality i am trying to get used to the fact of life without Brett in the team (even though i believe he is innocent) but it is in reality a possibility we must face,i hope he can just return and be at his old best,but do u guys think that he will ever get back to how he used to be after these bad knee injuries?I HOPE SO,what do u think.

I have just heard people say ,when he does return ,after two bad knee injuries hes had he will never get back to his best :(  :'(

Who knows, Rose's injury was meant to be career ending, but he turned out 3 times the player.
Joey Johns came back from a knee recon refreshed and killed it for the Knights in 2005?

He will probably have lost a touch of speed, but who knows he might adapt his game..

time waits for noone....(jethro please supply profound cliche emoticon)

like dsm5 I think he should be heading for a 5/8 role, a la lockyer, where the blinding speed is not so critical to his success and his other skills (already clearly in evidence) will be used more. that would have been his trajectory in any event.

all of course depending on his fate in court.

question is Foran is just about locking himself in the 5/8 role which he already looks brilliant at!! How good is he already at such a young age!! Imagine him in 2 years time, could be another Johnsy, superstar!! Big worry over long term future of Brett, he will be 26 and coming back from two major leg reco's. Being a back, speed and movement at fullback is a pretty critical aspect and even more with his type of game. He isn't a ball player but really a dynamic impact player. His defence has always been average so doubt he could play near the middle of the ruck. With Hoppa coming thru and looking at his progress already, he will require a new revised contract in 2 years time, I am concerned we may have seen the best of Brett in 2008. 

We have new halves now brett may have not been utilised as he previously was
don't get me wrong i still belive he would have had an impact playing but we seem to me making the yards these days with the quick play the balls it's the forwards leading the way.

I agree pontian, our game structure has changed and well done to Des!! Farrara cannot do what Brett did but he is doing very well at fullback still! It seems Fora is running at every opportunity and it is working well. Simple stuff but effective so far. Hokko kicked very well against warriors and kept them done on their goal line. To be honest, I am enjoying watching the rookie halves, we have to expect some clangers soon but didn't Orford do as well! While Orford was great, it was time for the change,

One thing Farrar is doing though is holding up the play just a tad. He is moving into the line and becoming a little like a 5/8 where I know he has some experience. Problem is he holds onto it too long, he stifled the attack once doing that but the second time ended up in robbos try, but had he given it a little earlier Robbo would have had more room

Never write off a champion. Medical science is improving and Snake has youth on his side. We may have seen the best of him but never say never. Many players have recovered from full reconstructions. Don't forget that Brett did his shoulder in his first game and he has bounced back from that.

There is cause to be wary but he is more than just speed!! I miss the guy and I am sad that records that looked to be there for the taking will probably be untouched.

People said Marshall would never be any good after all his various injuries, but he has come back and is in amazing form, so I will just wait and see what happens

You need to be take account of the *type* of knee injury it is.  Blokes come back from ACL reconstructions, but Brett's is miniscus.

I can think of two blokes with this injury and it's not good news.  Matt Bowen, perhaps is 12 months further down the road from Brett, having done one in 2008 and the other in 2009.  We're still waiting to see him on the field this year and it is widely reported he has lost his zip.

The other is Shaun Timmins.  Retired very young.

oh heck mata, is it the Bowen one!!! That is terrible news and literally kiss goodbye to that blinding speed, he will still be quick but not 400 grand quick that we are paying!!! This is a real concern, does anyone know how long Brett re-signed for?? eek

Wasn't George told he would not play again? I won't be writing off Snake too early. If determination and the right support come into it, I reckon he can do it.

He might lose speed, but hopefully not too much.  He could re-invent himself as more of a play-making full back who with a combination of okay speed and play-making ability is able to create doubt in the opposition's mind.  Kinda like Lillee and Hadlee coming in off a short run-up. 

However, as seen with Timmins, he could quickly be one on bone which means he;s just hobbling and in constant pain.  Not much that can be done once it goes, it can't be replaced or "fixed" like an ACL (Or Rose's leg or Marshall's shoulders). 

I livein Wollongomg and Timmins walks around like an old man, he was known as beig extremely unlucky though, bit more than brett

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4