Smokin' Joe's glorious juniors thread.....2021 edition.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@Smokin Joe, what is your take with the Flegg team this week? Birt to the bench and Gordon wearing the 9?
Think the coach is struggling for answers,although there seems to be a few players unavailable and a few have moved up to reggies.
I like Birt but I think GCKT is a good exponent of the new rules(plays heads up footy with vision to see what is happening in the game).A little surprised he was dropped to the bench but Tong is becoming a pretty good player.

I feel that the reggies might win the comp this year. The next couple of weeks will see the return of 2 or 3 more players so there should be a bit more experience having a run in this grade. Round 1 showed what they could do. Looks like Cust wil be back there. I wonder if he picks up today's game against the raiders.

Think the coach is struggling for answers,although there seems to be a few players unavailable and a few have moved up to reggies.
I like Birt but I think GCKT is a good exponent of the new rules(plays heads up footy with vision to see what is happening in the game).A little surprised he was dropped to the bench but Tong is becoming a pretty good player.
Hi Smokin are any of our juniors on FB or Fox this week?

Flegg side lost 18-16 to Sharks.Not a bad effort considering 6 of our 17 were from our Ball side playing up a level(5 starting).Thompson at fullback,Humphreys at half,GCKT at 9,Fotu in second row,Uesele at lock and Augatavaia off bench at prop.
Also a second rower(Eveleigh) playing in the centres and a second rower(Smyth) playing at 5/8.

Now that we are crystal balling our roster and development players for 2022 who, Smokin', can we expect to be in consideration? I know there has been no junior RL for a while, but your knowledge of prospects will give us something to look forward to. It might also clarify who realistically we could expect to see in the Workers' team pushing for a spot in the NRL.

Now that we are crystal balling our roster and development players for 2022 who, Smokin', can we expect to be in consideration? I know there has been no junior RL for a while, but your knowledge of prospects will give us something to look forward to. It might also clarify who realistically we could expect to see in the Workers' team pushing for a spot in the NRL.
You are giving me way too much credit...
I don't really know who Des has the hots for and who he really rates,there are many variables.
If a guy is off contract like Humphreys and other clubs are sniffing then they become a priority to give a contract to(like Weekes and Koula this year),however if they have a year or 2 to go on their current contract and no one is sniffing around then they are a bit less of a priority.
Depends too if guys like Weekes and Tuitavake get promoted to top 30 and wheher Sione Fainu is re-signed and if it is a top 30 or development contract.(could mean all 4 development spots are already filled)
I can give some names that might be in the mix...
Flegg guys like Zane Harris(7) and PJP Kopa(3) and RT Vaega(3/2) could be in line for a shot at a top 30 contract but depends on if we sign guys in.
Forwards like Viliame Fifita(8) and Jacob Sykes(8) and Zac Fulton(11) or Jack Birt(9) could have a shot at a development contract.
Long shots from the Ball side like Fotu in the second row or GCK Tong at dummy half may be in the mix if other clubs are looking at them.
Some guys From Blacktown might get some train and trial contracts or be invited to train with the top side but doubtful if in the mix for a top 30 spot(this depends on if they are re-signed as playing in the QRL is a lot more of an attractive career option than playing in NSW reggies).
Terrell May could be another Gauca type player,second rower who got moved to prop and took a while to adjust but is a really good edge player and should be moved back under the new rules...aggressive and skillful with vision,hard runner and defender.
Jordan Leiu was moved from prop to second row and was really impressing,tough,a good defender,good offload and involvement,can break a tackle or 2 as well.
Dylan Smith at fullback is pretty talented and a poor mans Snake.
Don't know if these guys are signed though but I would have no problems if they were in the 30,the 2 second rowers have more upside than Sironen and Gosiewki in my opinion,just my thoughts.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6