Smokin' Joe's glorious juniors thread.....2021 edition.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some good work recognised by selection in the rep sides,6 of the Matthews side have made the city rep sides.
Latu Fainu,Lehi Hopoate,Mitchell Taotua(lock),Roy Q.Mapusua(edge)and Z.Tupulua(middle) have been selected in U16 City side to play country and Samuela Fainu has been selected in the U18 side.
Also good to see second rower Tony Tupouniua(physical clone of Roosters second rower Sitili) has been selected in the open mens City side.The side is selected from best of Massey cup and is good recognition of his efforts and ability,he has received a number of MVP awards in each game and is one to possibly keep an eye on as is only 21 or so.

Not sure but would be in NRL bubble, most teams have withdrawn their squad players from lower grade games
Correct,Weekes withdrawn as well and none of the squad is playing in the reggies today.
On a side note,ex-Eagle James Hasson and Shaquille Mitchell are playing for the bunnies side.

Some good work recognised by selection in the rep sides,6 of the Matthews side have made the city rep sides.
Latu Fainu,Lehi Hopoate,Mitchell Taotua(lock),Roy Q.Mapusua(edge)and Z.Tupulua(middle) have been selected in U16 City side to play country and Samuela Fainu has been selected in the U18 side.
Also good to see second rower Tony Tupouniua(physical clone of Roosters second rower Sitili) has been selected in the open mens City side.The side is selected from best of Massey cup and is good recognition of his efforts and ability,he has received a number of MVP awards in each game and is one to possibly keep an eye on as is only 21 or so.
Does this mean next season Hopoate will be asking for $450K a season?

Correct,Weekes withdrawn as well and none of the squad is playing in the reggies today.
On a side note,ex-Eagle James Hasson and Shaquille Mitchell are playing for the bunnies side.
Please correct that smokin' Joe . Irish International James Hasson !

Humphreys,Uesele and Charlie Thompson from Ball side named in the Flegg side.Interesting to see how Humphreys goes with Harris seemingly given the job for Reggies at the moment.
Koula,Weekes and Tuitavake have been kept in the Reggies side with the Flegg side playing this week.

Humphreys,Uesele and Charlie Thompson from Ball side named in the Flegg side.Interesting to see how Humphreys goes with Harris seemingly given the job for Reggies at the moment.
Koula,Weekes and Tuitavake have been kept in the Reggies side with the Flegg side playing this week.
Your thoughts on Harris Joe?
Any chance of him being a Smokey in the 7 jumper as cover for DCE?

Not sure how to approach this.....Maybe @The Wheel or @Mitch who have closer ties to some of the media or people involved with the club etc... could check or confirm.
There is a guy selected in our Flegg side this week,and I want to stress that I am not saying that he is the same guy as I truly do not know.However there is a guy with the same name as this player who was banned earlier this year from Rugby union in Wellington for an incident that is/was very concerning.
I will not say any more until someone from the club or here can confirm it,but if it is the same guy I have real concerns that we have signed this guy.

Been a fan of this young robust player Tuitavake....
What's your thoughts on him Joe, I see a lot of potential but you know these juniors far more than I, what's your thoughts and could we see him in the grade in a year or 2 ??

Not sure how to approach this.....Maybe @The Wheel or @Mitch who have closer ties to some of the media or people involved with the club etc... could check or confirm.
There is a guy selected in our Flegg side this week,and I want to stress that I am not saying that he is the same guy as I truly do not know.However there is a guy with the same name as this player who was banned earlier this year from Rugby union in Wellington for an incident that is/was very concerning.
I will not say any more until someone from the club or here can confirm it,but if it is the same guy I have real concerns that we have signed this guy.
Suggest you drop an email to the club outlining your concerns Joe. I think there is fairly rigorous registration and clearance process in place which would pic this up.

Been a fan of this young robust player Tuitavake....
What's your thoughts on him Joe, I see a lot of potential but you know these juniors far more than I, what's your thoughts and could we see him in the grade in a year or 2 ??
I've been a fan of his for a long time.I mentioned him a number of years back in SG Ball as one to watch and said last year I rated him higher than Sione Fainu(who was getting all the attention).
Perfectly suited to the modern game and could play this year if needed,shame he has been injured.
Great the club has signed him through 2023.Plays with way more maturity than his years and does not get fazed easily.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4