Smokin' Joe's glorious juniors thread.....2021 edition.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@ 2 tries and 5 conversions is not a bad start for him LOL,hope he keeps that sort of stuff going....I will happily eat my words if so.....(although I did say I had not seen enough of him;) )
Wasn’t Stephen Humphreys working overseas before becoming our CEO. Perhaps that’s why there’s not much info on his son’s efforts to this point.

The SG ball side done Super well - the Eels side is full of star players from far and wide, not just their own Massive backyard.
Their young 5/8 Josh Chappell is from Dalby Qld and my boy played against him through juniors and could kick a footy 50m on the fly at 14yo and playing against men in A grade since then....these Manly juniors are Red Hot and if nurtured well, give the fans plenty of hope for the future.

I was out there yesterday. So good to have the footy back.

Great match report here in the SG Ball, but for mine the standouts were Gordon Chan Kum Tong at 9, Jamie Humphreys at 7 and I thought Krystian Mapapalangi at 6. As expected our forwards laid the big foundation, but these three guys really took the game to the Eels when it counted. I thought their defence was outstanding which I know is a big statement at this level but definitely a lot more steel than what I remember from prior years. Jamie Humphreys stole the honours with a brilliant display at the end of the game and this kid has got real potential. But got to say really impressed with Krystian Mapapalangi throughout the entire game. Great 5/8, very smart and super aggressive and reminds me very much of Jerome Leuilai from Penrith.

ps. great chat with Josh Shuster who was a spectator out there. what a terrific young man he is and an excellent role model.

Was staying at Wests in Newcastle last night. Ran into the Knights recruiter as he was returning from the Manly / Parra games and was heading over to the Knights game.

Anyway he said he was really impressed with the Manly boys and said 4 or 5 of them really interested him. Great feedback I guess but it does identifies that all clubs are looking at young players from every team. Did say to him if I ran into him anywhere near Brookie that I would slash his tyres....

I was out there yesterday. So good to have the footy back.

Great match report here in the SG Ball, but for mine the standouts were Gordon Chan Kum Tong at 9, Jamie Humphreys at 7 and I thought Krystian Mapapalangi at 6. As expected our forwards laid the big foundation, but these three guys really took the game to the Eels when it counted. I thought their defence was outstanding which I know is a big statement at this level but definitely a lot more steel than what I remember from prior years. Jamie Humphreys stole the honours with a brilliant display at the end of the game and this kid has got real potential. But got to say really impressed with Krystian Mapapalangi throughout the entire game. Great 5/8, very smart and super aggressive and reminds me very much of Jerome Leuilai from Penrith.

ps. great chat with Josh Shuster who was a spectator out there. what a terrific young man he is and an excellent role model.

Mapapalangi looks a gun watched the match live what a competitor...Humphreys was impressive also..Possible DCE replacement in 2 - 3yrs time

Not sure if posted elsewhere but Humphreys obviously caught the eye on the weekend. The below was inn Buzz Rothfield’s column today:

THE NEW DCE

Manly have found their next Daly Cherry-Evans. Jamie Humphreys, the son of the club’s CEO Steve Humphreys, played halfback in SG Ball against the Parramatta Eels on Saturday. The Sea Eagles won 30-20 and the brilliant teenager scored two tries and kicked five from five. It will be difficult for his dad to do his next contract but we’re sure Dessie Hasler will sort it out to take away any suggestions of nepotism.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2