Smokin' Joe's glorious juniors thread.....2021 edition.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Great stuff mate! Clearly some great work going on with our pathways. I’m interested to know if you’ve seen much of Jamie Humphreys? Plenty of raps on him.
I hope he kicks on,I just want to wait a while tho.He came to the side last year and had no history anywhere apart from being the CEOs' son.At this point I have seen nothing to suggest that he will be anything special.Peters said he will be great but I had more hopes for Teddy Wilson,but he looks to have headed back to rugby,
In saying that,I thought that S.Fainu might have just been a lock forward who did not kick on and he looks to maybe be a quality prop in the future.....
We all miss our marks........

Firstly.....Looks like we are aligning our juniors with our NRL side in regards to the forwards.
In the past we have looked to have a lot of massive forwards and overwhelmed the oppo with size over talent,this year we seem to have a lot more mobility in our forwards whilst still having some big boppers in there.
Matthews
1.L.Hopoate Talent but a hoppa,make your own mind up..
2.Calvin Levy.Bankstown boy,was in the Dogs summer train on side but we have him now,don't know if we have pinched him or did not make their side.
3.Eli Sagala.Big time talent who was recruited from Barker college and Gordon RU team in 2019,junior Waratah player and CHIS rep player.(Big time talent)
4Josh Feledy.Captain and guy originally recruited from western sydney in 2019,hopefully big future and second year captain of side.
5.Maxwell Taotua.Twin brother of Mitchell and recruited from Canterbury who is a Bankstown junior
6.L.Fainu.Younger bro of Manase and might end up in forwards in future instead of halves.
7.A.AhChong.Recruited from Tigers last year and hopefully kicks on
8.S.Fainu.Bro of Manase and Sione and hopefully has some of the ability.
9.Ollie Cummins and a serious talent,son of rugby coach and very versatile,big future.
10.Jakob Biet.Interesting guy,local jr and a guy linked to union,has been a winger/fullback in union rep sides but has developed into a backrower and now prop in league?
11.Dylan Coutts.Local junior and a workhorse
12.Drew Williams.Originally a Bunnie and back who is moving into the forwards
13.Z.Tupulua.Bro of a twin recruited from Western Sydney last year,prop movng into lock.
14.Rory Morgan.Halfback and a local jr I believe
15.N.Faatui.local junior and rep union player who is a middle man
16.Rene Bagon.My guy to seriously keep an eye on,Qld guy from Gold Coast,good frame with a huge motor and good post contact metre eater.
17.Dayshawn Lyden.Prop from Bass HS(flogged by St.Gregs but looks to have impressed enough to be given a shot)
18.Mitchell Taotua.Twin of Maxwell and a Bankstown junior
19.Jake Smith.Hooker from Gladstone in Qld originally I believe.

Ball
1.Luke Tucker.Guy from Gordon union from 2019,obviously did not beat out Koula last year and could not lock down a wing spot last year,hopefully kicks on this year.
2.Tom Jarrett.local jr and a touch footy and rugby guy,hope he kicks on.
3.Simon Tito.My opinion, but a bit of a Funa type,not huge wraps but will just keep slowly sticking and maybe,just might all of a sudden be there in a couple of years and be an NRL player
4.J.Malauulu,picked up from Eels Ball side,hopefully kicks on.
5.Cam Brown.From Knights jr sides a few years ago,some ability as a winger/centre
6.Mapapalangai.We have mostly heard of him as a centre and maybe a 5/8
7.Humphreys son and talked up by Peters,whether that is a shot at trying to kiss the CEOs heiney or a serious belief in his ability....
8.J.Uesele.Moved from lock and originally a Tiger.workrate type of player
9.GCCK.Captain and originally from Bankstown,pretty good to have 2 options at 9 like himself and O'Donnell,personally think the the local jr might be a lot more talented,but a year younger then so be it.
10.F.Autagavaia.Signed from Dogs Ball side
11.Zane Dunford.Local junior and son of Matt,vc and hopefully kicks on,probably a beneficiary of side aligning more with NRL rules(YAY)
12.S.Fotu.Sort of a Watmough /Allan Cann type of player,could be in Flegg side.
13.Jack Gunton.Originally from Scone,personally think he might kick on further.Old school type of lock(tough,hard worker in middle and a good defender and will toughen up middle in attack and defence)
14.O'Donnell.Local jr and son of David,huge future in my opinion but a year younger than GCCKTong)so wait a year.
15.D.Stovold.Bears junior in Sydney originally and a second rower in union brought across form Gordon
16.H.Saunders.A guy hopefully kicking on from last year
17.S.Iakapo.Prop developing from last year.
18.Kobe Fulton.Bozo' grandson,did not make Matthews side previously,but a year of physical growth might have helped.
19.Jake Watmough.Son of Anthony and did not make previous Matthews sides,like Fulton ,with some changes to more mobile sides and a year of physical growth may have helped his chances
20.Darcy Hoy.local junior and a backrower(more likely prop)spent last year with Tigers but now back home.....
Welcome back Joe, we missed you!

Firstly.....Looks like we are aligning our juniors with our NRL side in regards to the forwards.
In the past we have looked to have a lot of massive forwards and overwhelmed the oppo with size over talent,this year we seem to have a lot more mobility in our forwards whilst still having some big boppers in there.
Matthews
2.Calvin Levy.Bankstown boy,was in the Dogs summer train on side but we have him now,don't know if we have pinched him or did not make their side.
3.Eli Sagala.Big time talent who was recruited from Barker college and Gordon RU team in 2019,junior Waratah player and CHIS rep player.(Big time talent)
4Josh Feledy.Captain and guy originally recruited from western sydney in 2019,hopefully big future and second year captain of side.
5.Maxwell Taotua.Twin brother of Mitchell and recruited from Canterbury who is a Bankstown junior
6.L.Fainu.Younger bro of Manase and might end up in forwards in future instead of halves.
9.Ollie Cummins and a serious talent,son of rugby coach and very versatile,big future.
10.Jakob Biet.Interesting guy,local jr and a guy linked to union,has been a winger/fullback in union rep sides but has developed into a backrower and now prop in league?
13.Z.Tupulua.Bro of a twin recruited from Western Sydney last year,prop movng into lock.
16.Rene Bagon.My guy to seriously keep an eye on,Qld guy from Gold Coast,good frame with a huge motor and good post contact metre eater.
17.Dayshawn Lyden.Prop from Bass HS(flogged by St.Gregs but looks to have impressed enough to be given a shot)

Ball
1.Luke Tucker.Guy from Gordon union from 2019,obviously did not beat out Koula last year and could not lock down a wing spot last year,hopefully kicks on this year.
3.Simon Tito.My opinion, but a bit of a Funa type,not huge wraps but will just keep slowly sticking and maybe,just might all of a sudden be there in a couple of years and be an NRL player
5.Cam Brown.From Knights jr sides a few years ago,some ability as a winger/centre
7.Humphreys son and talked up by Peters,whether that is a shot at trying to kiss the CEOs heiney or a serious belief in his ability....
9.GCCK.Captain and originally from Bankstown,pretty good to have 2 options at 9 like himself and O'Donnell,personally think the the local jr might be a lot more talented,but a year younger then so be it.
11.Zane Dunford.Local junior and son of Matt,vc and hopefully kicks on,probably a beneficiary of side aligning more with NRL rules(YAY)
13.Jack Gunton.Originally from Scone,personally think he might kick on further.Old school type of lock(tough,hard worker in middle and a good defender and will toughen up middle in attack and defence)
14.O'Donnell.Local jr and son of David,huge future in my opinion but a year younger than GCCKTong)so wait a year.
15.D.Stovold.Bears junior in Sydney originally and a second rower in union brought across form Gordon
18.Kobe Fulton.Bozo' grandson,did not make Matthews side previously,but a year of physical growth might have helped.
19.Jake Watmough.Son of Anthony and did not make previous Matthews sides,like Fulton ,with some changes to more mobile sides and a year of physical growth may have helped his chances
20.Darcy Hoy.local junior and a backrower(more likely prop)spent last year with Tigers but now back home.....
Thanks for that Joe

Matthews

Ball
wow if that’s your first post that could be the best first post ever thanks for taking the time.

lots of family links there.

hopefully a young watmough in the lower grades means Choc has reconciled with the club. he’s a scallywag but he was out scallywag.

Thanks so much for the update. So important to know as much as possible about the talented kids we have and track their progress. I agree with @SeaEagleRock8 that we should have a sticky thread to inform everyone about their games and results etc!

Darcy hoy from cromer kingfishers. I remember a bit of chatter when the tigers poached him last year. Glad he has seen the light.

Also Cummins has sporting excellence on both sides, you’ll be familiar with his dad as the RU hooker turtle, and his mum was a state water polo rep and Queenscliff SLSC champ.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6