Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Vicious scary dog!

Probably should've posted a warning!

Said dog is now poking my leg to go for a walk.... sigh

Firstly.....Looks like we are aligning our juniors with our NRL side in regards to the forwards.
In the past we have looked to have a lot of massive forwards and overwhelmed the oppo with size over talent,this year we seem to have a lot more mobility in our forwards whilst still having some big boppers in there.
Matthews
1.L.Hopoate Talent but a hoppa,make your own mind up..
2.Calvin Levy.Bankstown boy,was in the Dogs summer train on side but we have him now,don't know if we have pinched him or did not make their side.
3.Eli Sagala.Big time talent who was recruited from Barker college and Gordon RU team in 2019,junior Waratah player and CHIS rep player.(Big time talent)
4Josh Feledy.Captain and guy originally recruited from western sydney in 2019,hopefully big future and second year captain of side.
5.Maxwell Taotua.Twin brother of Mitchell and recruited from Canterbury who is a Bankstown junior
6.L.Fainu.Younger bro of Manase and might end up in forwards in future instead of halves.
7.A.AhChong.Recruited from Tigers last year and hopefully kicks on
8.S.Fainu.Bro of Manase and Sione and hopefully has some of the ability.
9.Ollie Cummins and a serious talent,son of rugby coach and very versatile,big future.
10.Jakob Biet.Interesting guy,local jr and a guy linked to union,has been a winger/fullback in union rep sides but has developed into a backrower and now prop in league?
11.Dylan Coutts.Local junior and a workhorse
12.Drew Williams.Originally a Bunnie and back who is moving into the forwards
13.Z.Tupulua.Bro of a twin recruited from Western Sydney last year,prop movng into to lock.
14.Rory Morgan.Halfback and a local jr I believe
15.N.Faatui.local junior and rep union plaer who is a middle man
16.Rene Bagon.My guy to seriously keep an eye on,Qld guy from Gold Coast,good frame witha huge mtor and good post contact metre eater.
17.Dayshawn Lyden.Prop from Bass HS(flogged by St.Gregs but looks to have impressed enough to be given a shot)
18.Mitchell Taotua.Twin of Maxwell and a Bankstown junior
19.Jake Smith.Hooker from Gladstone in Qld originally I believe.
Great stuff mate! Clearly some great work going on with our pathways. I’m interested to know if you’ve seen much of Jamie Humphreys? Plenty of raps on him.

Sent a nice email to my Dad for his 91st birthday.

He emailed back: "Where's my present???"

lol, touching stuff there.

Also: -15 on the ski hill today!

Cold! But not busy, so woohoo!

fook

it's cold.

kNYtukK.jpg

The stereotype that Canada is very freezing cold has come true — all across the country, all at the same time.

For only the third time in over 100 years, every provincial capital in the country is below the freezing mark.

“It’s no easy feat to get all 10 million square kilometres of Canada below freezing simultaneously,” says The Weather Network meteorologist Tyler Hamilton. Particularly in Victoria, BC, he points out, “everything has to come together to hold the frigid air coast-to-coast.”

The stereotype that Canada is very freezing cold has come true — all across the country, all at the same time.

For only the third time in over 100 years, every provincial capital in the country is below the freezing mark.

“It’s no easy feat to get all 10 million square kilometres of Canada below freezing simultaneously,” says The Weather Network meteorologist Tyler Hamilton. Particularly in Victoria, BC, he points out, “everything has to come together to hold the frigid air coast-to-coast.”

The current view from my balcony ... No snow in sight ...

1613276417338.png

Friend in Toronto’s heating died last night. It was minus 10. Baked muffins to cheer herself up this morning. I might need a little more than that.

Friend in Toronto’s heating died last night. It was minus 10. Baked muffins to cheer herself up this morning. I might need a little more than that.

I mean it's bad enough living in Toronto at the best of times (lol) but if the heating died, I'd probably sit inside the oven!

No jumbucks . but plenty of roos .. and ****en minor birds ..

If you feed the birds....they'll become your friends!

When we lived back in 'straya we had some magpie friends. They protected us from some plovers once - and never bombed us during 'magpie season'.

We also had some butcher bird friends and they would head into the house and sit on the chair I was in to demand food.

Of course our kookaburra friends would sit outside our bedroom landing and serenade us at dawn so we would also feed them (that's not much of a plus, I guess.)

It seems the key to being friends with birds is "luncheon sausage".

- when we went back a few years later... the magpies and butcher birds remembered us - which I thought was nice.

If you feed the birds....they'll become your friends!

When we lived back in 'straya we had some magpie friends. They protected us from some plovers once - and never bombed us during 'magpie season'.

We also had some butcher bird friends and they would head into the house and sit on the chair I was in to demand food.

Of course our kookaburra friends would sit outside our bedroom landing and serenade us at dawn so we would also feed them (that's not much of a plus, I guess.)

It seems the key to being friends with birds is "luncheon sausage".

- when we went back a few years later... the magpies and butcher birds remembered us - which I thought was nice.

All the above species in abundance ... 1000's of rainbow and scaly chested lorikeets .. used to feed them but eventually stopped ... their fighting over food and ****ting anywhere and everywhere eventually ground me down ...

The maggies and kookaburras and crows are cool, so are the pelicans in the lake .. also like the black yellow and red tailed cockatoos ..

Some days I dream of owning a shotgun and going postal on the plovers and minor birds ... but occasionally the rat-bastard miners alert me to a snake ... so I keep staying their execution ..

All we have is this ugly thing that blurts out a squawk!

iu

Still fed them though.

ok ok...once you listened to them they did have different squawks. None of them nice though.

I could go out 'the back', whistle and they would fly down wait for food - and then gracefully fight over it like a 1970's scrum.

We moved though... meh - I guess they move on after an hour or two.

PS

- I miss the colourful birds.....

and colours in general.

this place should be called Canagrey

Few years ago we moved into a house that had a pool that backed onto a gully. A water dragon had obviously been making itself at home in the pool, but one day my dog (black lab) spotted and chased it. It quickly disappeared between the bars of the pool fencing. But half a minute later it charged back out and the dog ran away as fast as it could!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8