Juniors Discussion Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Last week 5 out of 6 grades victorius.
Looking for 6 out of 6 this week. Big game for Matts against 1st place Western Suburbs

SG Ball 24-40 full time. Latu Fainu didn't play

Last edited:
Jersey Flegg v Raiders 24-28 full time. Jamie Humphreys played.

Hey everyone,
New to the forum, long time supporter, first time poster and avid junior reps follower. Been impressed with the young SG Ball side this year and expect us to go even better next time around with some more experience and age in the squad. Not going to state the obvious which has already been posted about the Fainus, Fulton and ex-eagle Feledy, but must say I've been very impressed with number 13 Johnathan Chan. Correct me if I'm wrong Joe, but from my knowledge, he is not the brother of Gordon, (although Gordon does have a brother Johnathan Chan Kum Tong), this kid is not him from my knowledge. From what I know, he's a Joeys (St Josephs Hunters Hill) old boy (finished in 2021) who we have managed to lure away from Rugby Union. A damaging inside centre turned league 13 who tore up the GPS competition and was on the lips of all the schoolboy rugby fans in the state (must state I know this due to being an old boy of Riverview and I always try to keep a lingering eye on the GPS Rugby as many of them end up in the NRL - Suaalii, Koula, Weekes, Penisini, Murray, Crichton etc.) He was vice-captain of the Joeys First XV last year, named in the GPS 1s and the NSW Gen Blue team last year (equivalent of NSW u18s in league). Very promising future ahead of him.

Sorry to bring this up Joe and would be happy for you to clarify because I have witnessed this kid play for both Joeys and Manly and have sources who follow both codes who confirmed we lured him away from Union and is a chance of being promoted to the Flegg side post SG Ball season. Anyways, happy to be here and hope to see a bunch of these boys progress up the grades in the coming years as this season comes to a close.

Hey everyone,
New to the forum, long time supporter, first time poster and avid junior reps follower. Been impressed with the young SG Ball side this year and expect us to go even better next time around with some more experience and age in the squad. Not going to state the obvious which has already been posted about the Fainus, Fulton and ex-eagle Feledy, but must say I've been very impressed with number 13 Johnathan Chan. Correct me if I'm wrong Joe, but from my knowledge, he is not the brother of Gordon, (although Gordon does have a brother Johnathan Chan Kum Tong), this kid is not him from my knowledge. From what I know, he's a Joeys (St Josephs Hunters Hill) old boy (finished in 2021) who we have managed to lure away from Rugby Union. A damaging inside centre turned league 13 who tore up the GPS competition and was on the lips of all the schoolboy rugby fans in the state (must state I know this due to being an old boy of Riverview and I always try to keep a lingering eye on the GPS Rugby as many of them end up in the NRL - Suaalii, Koula, Weekes, Penisini, Murray, Crichton etc.) He was vice-captain of the Joeys First XV last year, named in the GPS 1s and the NSW Gen Blue team last year (equivalent of NSW u18s in league). Very promising future ahead of him.

Sorry to bring this up Joe and would be happy for you to clarify because I have witnessed this kid play for both Joeys and Manly and have sources who follow both codes who confirmed we lured him away from Union and is a chance of being promoted to the Flegg side post SG Ball season. Anyways, happy to be here and hope to see a bunch of these boys progress up the grades in the coming years as this season comes to a close.
Good to meat you(did you see what I did there? lol).
You are probably correct if you have direct knowledge of him and have seen him,don't be sorry mate,I have no problem being corrected if I have got something wrong.
He must have a decent workrate/motor to move from a rugby centre to a league lock.
Keep posting as a few of us give a damn about our juniors as much as our NRL side.

"Ben Trbojevic returned from injury via Blacktown on Sunday. He was used in the second row last season but played in the centres. With his brother, Tom, out for four weeks coach Des Hasler will need to do some backline reshuffling. The chances of Trbojevic forcing his way into the centres is slim but his 137 running metres, 1 try assist and two tackle busts gives Hasler, at the very least, another option.

It’ll be hard for Hasler to ignore Toafofa Sipley’s basically flawless performance for Blacktown though — 254 running metres, one linebreak, three offloads and 22 tackles with zero missed."

"Ben Trbojevic returned from injury via Blacktown on Sunday. He was used in the second row last season but played in the centres. With his brother, Tom, out for four weeks coach Des Hasler will need to do some backline reshuffling. The chances of Trbojevic forcing his way into the centres is slim but his 137 running metres, 1 try assist and two tackle busts gives Hasler, at the very least, another option.

It’ll be hard for Hasler to ignore Toafofa Sipley’s basically flawless performance for Blacktown though — 254 running metres, one linebreak, three offloads and 22 tackles with zero missed."

Sipley has been our best forward (after Jake) right throughout the trials and in the subsequent limited game times. I am bewildered as to how Des can leave this guy out. Exactly what we need in the forwards. I would also be blooding young Tuitavake on the bench. Both would be a major boost to our forward intensity and aggression.

Well beaten in all junior grades. Noteworthy news - Humphreys played 9 in Flegg & Latu Fainu has not yet returned to the Ball side.

Jersey Flegg 0-20 v Knights
SG Ball 26-40 v Tigers
Harold Matthews 16-24 v Tigers

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8