SMH: Lussick gone to eels 2013 next week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
DARCY LUSSICK is poised to walk away from Manly at the end of the season to join Parramatta on a lucrative deal expected to be announced as early as next week.

Full story http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/eel-be-gone-manly-set-to-lose-lussick-to-parramatta-in-lucrative-deal-20120523-1z5f7.html

He must have decided he needs Septembers to be footy free.

This will be another dud recruit for the Eels. File with Poore, Shackleton, Carl Webb, Sandow etc etc etc

That means at least 4 Manly juniors at Parra. That is not how the feeder club system is supposed to operate.
They'll have more of ours than we do at this rate.

Didn't he say he'd wait to see who we re-signed before making a decision? Was that either to see if we had cash left or he wanted to play with a team that lost big names like DCE and Foran?
Well if he goes he gets to play with ...?

Its a shame cause i think he would really kick on at Manly but at this stage i would be paying 270k.

Can we wait for it to be official before we sink the boot in?

bones said:
If we had to lose one he would be my first choice.

Glad he has gone, definately my first choice - as we all keep saying cannot keep them all.
He expected too much money.

Lussick reminds me of JWH, they can be good but give away too many penalties and make a fair few handling errors.

I actually think if we do lose him we wont miss him next year, or the year after - it will be when he kicks on and realises his potential that we will go bugger. Who knows what is being offered "Lucrative" is anything over $150k IMO.

On a different note did anyone see the rubbish being touted that if Williams had a good game last night he would be worth $500k!

voicefromthehill said:
I actually think if we do lose him we wont miss him next year, or the year after - it will be when he kicks on and realises his potential that we will go bugger. Who knows what is being offered "Lucrative" is anything over $150k IMO.

On a different note did anyone see the rubbish being touted that if Williams had a good game last night he would be worth $500k!

If he does this at Parra he will be the first player in 20 years to do so.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2