Sloppy, lazy rubbish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
We will get found out if we keep playing like this.  Too many dumb penalties and it is killing us.  We are just damned lucky tonight that Newcastle could not hold onto the ball coming out of their 10 and Harrogant gave us the first 50/50 in his career.  In actual fact Forwan was clearly offside, I think old Billy boy is legitimately losing his sight.

All the Knights had to do was hold onto the ball and get the odd repeat set and we'd have been in trouble.  I can't believe Gould was so easily deceived that we're now the real deal. 

Yeah it was hard to tell how good we were because of how bad the Knights played. They seemed to have a lot of success out wide in the first 20 minutes, that's a big worry and doesn't seem to have improved much.
But at least our attack looked ok for a change towards the end and Tony Williams fell over for a double.

if we play a half decent team and start like we have lately, then we will get smashed. You cant keep given 12+ points start and hope to keep winning

DUFFMAN link said:
if we play a half decent team and start like we have lately, then we will get smashed. You cant keep given 12+ points start and hope to keep winning

Correct, which is basically what happened against the dragons, except they kept going.

Still far from perfect, the only good thing was the result and the for and against difference

We had:-
1. Brett Stewart
2. Steve Matai
3. Heath Le'Strange

out of our top 17. I think we are doing ok.

Improvement on last weeks pathetic effort, but still a lot of work to do. Orford still way to hot and cold, prone to panic attacks and why, oh why, is he taking the dropouts ? Surely there is someone in that side who can kick the ball....Big Georgie ??

Look it's a win, we now overtake the Knights and will also
leapfrog one of the Panthers or Cowboys as well depending on who wins in their game.

Ryan link said:
1. Brett Stewart
2. Steve Matai
3. Heath Le'Strange

Heath's grip on a top 17 spot might be slipping away before his eyes with the form of Foran & Bailey's utility value. He wil remember what happened to Cuthbo when he got suspended last year, I don't think he ever got his spot back.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=181160.msg233451#msg233451 date=1248437433]
1. Brett Stewart
2. Steve Matai
3. Heath Le'Strange

Heath's grip on a top 17 spot might be slipping away before his eyes with the form of Foran & Bailey's utility value. He wil remember what happened to Cuthbo when he got suspended last year, I don't think he ever got his spot back.
[/quote]

I know one thing for sure - Farrar is certainly making it difficult for Des to drop him when Bullet is back.

Tony Williams can join his nunnery at that stage for all I care.

We may have had Snake , Matai and Stranger missing , but we need to realise that Mullen & Gidley ( Knights best 2 players ) were also missing.

Good comeback from being 14-0 down , but we need to improve by a long way to be competitive in finals football.

FFS!
Let's see...
Get the 2 points? Check
Improve our position on the ladder? - Check
Improve our differential? - Check
Get through without any obvious major injuries? - Check
Good night at the game? - Check
Tad critical Mata? - Check

I'm a pom but even I'm finding these whinging hypercritical posts after a good win increasingly dull....

I was at the game tonight and was very impressed with the power game, especially when Kite and Rose took the field. We made excellent metres, hammered them in defence and our kick chase was excellent. That we got a lot of repeat sets tonight helped as well. I haven't watched the telly replay but thought that there were good sides tonight. Not perfect but heading in the right direction.

Get over it we won, if it was a grand final we are premiers, a win is a win, you have toi take each game on its own individually, move on we won.

You guys dont recall Matabele's 1st post after our Grand Final win?

Probably explains this thread as well.

vidmar link said:
FFS!
Let's see...
Get the 2 points? Check
Improve our position on the ladder? - Check
Improve our differential? - Check
Get through without any obvious major injuries? - Check
Good night at the game? - Check
Tad critical Mata? - Check

I'm a pom but even I'm finding these whinging hypercritical posts after a good win increasingly dull....

I'm with you on this one this week Vid.  At first look at the topic header I thought that Mata was refering to the way that the Knights ended up playing for most of the game.  Yes we didn't play that well in the opening 20 to 30 minutes or so but it appeared to me that we picked up our game and stuck it to the Knights and forced them to make errors.  I saw vast improvements all over the park compared to the way we played last week against the Sharks.  A positive was that Kitey played the best last night than I have seen him all year.  I hope that he keeps it up and improves even more over the rest of the comp and into and including the Finals series.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4