Slimey fans nicknamed Hoppa Jnr - Floppa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
from the Squeeels forum (I just read and have a laugh, never post):

▶ Reply by Eeldarado
He was signed on a two year deal worth $1.7 million, NO And I mean NO club pays that sort of coin for a player unless he is in the TOP 20 players of the NRL, Hoppa played well outside a representative Manly backline!

We are paying Top dollar I expect a Top player performance I don't give a frig what sort of mission he has been on, it makes the club look, ridiculous I read the other day in the paper that even his old man said he had a quiet year, no player who earns that coin should be expected to have a quiet year!

is it so hard to expect value for money?

but the club is the main focus of my gripe, what ever possessed the moron to sign the cheque

▶ Reply
Permalink Reply by Electric Eel on Wednesday
So is he to blame or the Club?

▶ Reply
Permalink Reply by Eeldarado on Wednesday
Both have to share the responsibilities!

The club are numb skulls for front that sort of money out to start with!

And IMO Floppa ain't earning his keep, as I say In the real world "Big Pay equals Big Responsibilities" and Floppa has not held up his end of the bargain!

Money for Nothing! was a Song by Dire Straits!

Gotta admit they are close to the mark. Which spot would he take in the Manly backline outside wing? He would'nt replace either Centre, or Snake at fullback.

We will take him back if they don't want him.

Mabye this was our plan all along.

Get the squeels to pay overs for him, then spend the next 2 years getting him back to NRL form as he took 2 years off, then Manly takes him back much cheaper... right as he hits peak performance.

One can only hope.

Eagles2nv said:
We will take him back if they don't want him.

Mabye this was our plan all along.

Get the squeels to pay overs for him, then spend the next 2 years getting him back to NRL form as he took 2 years off, then Manly takes him back much cheaper... right as he hits peak performance.

One can only hope.

but for a lot less

The rumour I heard earlier in the year was now that the family was back on good terms with Manly, and the way Parra axed Jamil, Will coming back at the end of his current deal was lock. Just a rumour, but this faceless Internet poster was fairly adamant about it and they'd hit a few other marks previously so...

I would take William back in a heart beat. Makes me feel ill that hes wearing their colours.

He is the perfect replacement for Killer when he hangs up the boots.

bones said:
No different to the bagging Jamie Lyon copped from some Manly fans during his 1st year here.

Exactly, Orford another prime example of that. And all the Dropmough rubbish too

I guess that old adage "it's hard to soar like an eagle, when you're surrounded by eels"* fits the bill nicely here ;)

*poetic license applied :)

cherry_poppins said:
Jerry1 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
bones said:
No different to the bagging Jamie Lyon copped from some Manly fans during his 1st year here.

Exactly, Orford another prime example of that. And all the Dropmough rubbish too

Orford deserved it.

Was way better than the douche who replaced him

Which one of the SOO halves are you talking about there ?? Hodkinson or DCE ? Orford was past his best in 2009 and his time was up.

Orford would have to be the classic example of a post gf win

He was great in 2008...then it was a pretty rapid decline. You would have to put that down, in part, to a prem hang over?

Chip and Chase said:
cherry_poppins said:
Jerry1 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
bones said:

Orford deserved it.

Was way better than the douche who replaced him

Which one of the SOO halves are you talking about there ?? Hodkinson or DCE ? Orford was past his best in 2009 and his time was up.

Hodkinson isn't a real half, he's the NRL's version of Alex Smith

Game controller in a play makers position

Choc has been past his absolute best since 2010

lsz said:
Orford would have to be the classic example of a post gf win

He was great in 2008...then it was a pretty rapid decline. You would have to put that down, in part, to a prem hang over?

Still had the same heart, plus 09 finals exit was for 2 reasons no ox hater ever lets get in the way of a good record Grand final winning captain and chief playmaker

Glen Hall and stranger missing for tragic reasons and Jarryd ****ing Hayne vs the st merge artichokes

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2