Size Matters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
Good to see we have finally got some decent size and muscle upfront.

New Boys
Eiti Baker (120kg)
Siosaia Vave (115kg)
Zane Tetavano (113kg)
Willie mason (120kg)

A good coach will turn these newbies into NRL stars.

Existing
Lawrence (102 kg)
Starling (105kg)
Dunamis (108kg)
Ligi (109kg)
Jake T (106kg)

Now that is a massive difference in size and should give us some decent go-forward next year.

Hopefully that will also allow us to play Brenton Lawrence in the back row where he belongs and where he will be a smash hit. Absolutely wasted at prop but I guess not many other options this year. He reminds me of a rampaging Paul Sironen of days gone by or a #13 Sam Burgess today.

New ownership by the Penn’s……eliminate all the crap….stability……retain Brett and Matai……looking forward to 2015!!!

silvereagle said:

Hopefully that will also allow us to play Brenton Lawrence in the back row where he belongs and where he will be a smash hit. Absolutely wasted at prop but I guess not many other options this year. He reminds me of a rampaging Paul Sironen of days gone by or a #13 Sam Burgess today.

Actually reminds me more of one of our greatest, Ian Roberts, though probably about 10kg lighter. But yeah, I'd love him in the backrow.

It's real indicator of how the size of packs has really changed in the last little while.

Personally I think people are getting far too obsessed on size based on 1 competition win. Remember just a couple if years back the forwards all playing as playmakers was gonna be the next big thing after the Dogs made the GF with Graham and Kasiano

1 of those signing's is a genuine first grader past his best but still be handy, the others may be big but they are yet to prove they are any thing but reserve graders at best.

I still think if we had Choc, Buhrer & Gift who are all lightweights, we would have made the GF & were a very, very good chance of toppling the heavyweight Souths pack with speed & agility in that ruck area.
No doubt its enjoyable having a few big boppers capable of punishing the opposition but certainly not a necessity in the modern game where quality can overcome size, unfortunately just too many missing for us in 2014 to prove that theory correct...

BOZO said:
2015 Pack
Buhrer
Lawrence
Symonds
Vave
Ballin
Tetavano
Bench : Mason ,Lui, Starling . Hodges
Has vave officially signed?, I heard we were talking to him........

silvereagle said:

New Boys
Eiti Baker (120kg)
Siosaia Vave (115kg)
Zane Tetavano (113kg)
Willie mason (120kg)

A good coach will turn these newbies into NRL stars.

Existing
Lawrence (102 kg)
Starling (105kg)
Dunamis (108kg)
Ligi (109kg)
Jake T (106kg)

Now that is a massive difference in size and should give us some decent go-forward next year.

New ownership by the Penn’s……eliminate all the crap….stability……retain Brett and Matai……looking forward to 2015!!!

Be good to add George Rose in there somewhere too.

Who started this rumour. I've been telling the missus for 22 years now that size DOES NOT MATTER. Man I hope she does not read this thread.

Clint, I can relate to that. Only difference in my case is that the missus is actually the one telling me.....that size does not matter!!

BOZO said:
2015 Pack
Buhrer
Lawrence
Symonds
Vave
Ballin
Tetavano
Bench : Mason ,Lui, Starling . Hodges

where is JSL?

My pack is
8. Mason (pending signature)
9. Ballin
10.Lawrence
11.Buhrer
12.Symonds
13.Meteo (pending signature)

14.Lui
15.JSL
16.Starling
17.Horo/Tetevano/Hasson/Hodges

I really think we will miss Watmough's work rate. If Mateo signs, I guess it's more a case of Buhrer covering for Choc with his high work rate, and Mateo covering Gifty (ball playing). The difference it will make to our team, is the work will be happening on the fringe of the ruck, and the ball playing will happen in the middle of ruck; the opposite to days gone by where Choc got dirty in the middle, and Glen ball played on the fringes.

silvereagle said:
Clint, I can relate to that. Only difference in my case is that the missus is actually the one telling me.....that size does not matter!!

My missus says an inch makes a helluva difference, so I can only imagine what a difference 10kg's would make!

Ralphie said:
silvereagle said:

My missus says an inch makes a helluva difference, so I can only imagine what a difference 10kg's would make!

Is that muscle or fat, and which would be heavier?

Clint said:
Who started this rumour. I've been telling the missus for 22 years now that size DOES NOT MATTER. Man I hope she does not read this thread.

Mate its not the size of the wave but the motion of the ocean

Clint said:

It's all good.
We're Manly and we have a Big Willy

Hamster Huey said:
Ralphie said:
silvereagle said:

Is that muscle or fat, and which would be heavier?

I think in the context of this discussion we are talking about a Fat.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7