Six again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
Reports today that most of the six agains occur between tackle 0 and tackle 2 and multiple times.
Without considering which teams are worst (or best in some eyes) at it, it should be a second six again in a set of tackles should result in a sin bin.
Harsh you may think but with our fair and even referees .................What am I thinking?

If it was for 2 mins, then ok, but 10 mins is too much of the game imo.

Also, I just don't trust the refs (competency or otherwise) not to screw up their lesser liked teams.

I also think that if it happened to the fav's, then the nrl would have a quiet word and eventually the refs would begin to not give away a second set re-start in a set of six, which probably negates the whole reason for bringing it in.

TL: DR

It's a nope from me.

Nice thinking though.

From the get go you could see this would become an issue, clubs deliberating conceding a 6 again on the first to allow their line to get set................not exactly sure where I land on it tbh

From the get go you could see this would become an issue, clubs deliberating conceding a 6 again on the first to allow their line to get set................not exactly sure where I land on it tbh
Yep it’s nearly every set start now. A 6 again in the first tackle is a lot better than a penalty. They will prob change the rules again to something else at which point coaches will exploit the new rule again and around we go in circles.

Funny how the set restarts are high to start with then drop only to spike again towards the end of the game. Same way the refs used to even out the penalties blown, to look like they are not favouring one team. Just another way the refs manipulate games

With so much power in the hands of refs, and so much money to be made from sports gambling, I know who I'd be bribing if I wanted to manipulate results.

I really don't get the 6 again sometimes.

How does getting a 6 again on the first tackle when you're 5 metres out from your own line give you an advantage ? It just allows the infringing team to get set and beat you into submission so you're kicking on the last from your own 30; if you're lucky.

A penalty would allow the team to march 30 plus metres downfield and be in an attacking position on the 5th.

This was just policy on the run. How does robbing the non infringing team of the penalty advantage them exactly ?

I get it if you're already in the opposition 20. But even then, it removes the ability of the non infringing team to take the 2.

The game was fast enough as it was and there was enough controversy over refereeing decisions without throwing this dog's breakfast of a rule in as well. It just gives referees even more scope to affect the result of a match than they previously had; and even that was way too much. Think Souths v Gold Coast from a few weeks ago. The Tits had them on toast before the pinkie stepped in.

I'm not a fan. The people in charge remind of those kids who get a brand new toy on Christmas day, proceed to pull it apart to see how it works, can't reassemble it then spend the rest of the day complaining that their new toy is broken.

Leave well enough alone FFS.

I really don't get the 6 again sometimes.

How does getting a 6 again on the first tackle when you're 5 metres out from your own line give you an advantage ? It just allows the infringing team to get set and beat you into submission so you're kicking on the last from your own 30; if you're lucky.

A penalty would allow the team to march 30 plus metres downfield and be in an attacking position on the 5th.

This was just policy on the run. How does robbing the non infringing team of the penalty advantage them exactly ?

I get it if you're already in the opposition 20. But even then, it removes the ability of the non infringing team to take the 2.

The game was fast enough as it was and there was enough controversy over refereeing decisions without throwing this dog's breakfast of a rule in as well. It just gives referees even more scope to affect the result of a match than they previously had; and even that was way too much. Think Souths v Gold Coast from a few weeks ago. The Tits had them on toast before the pinkie stepped in.

I'm not a fan. The people in charge remind of those kids who get a brand new toy on Christmas day, proceed to pull it apart to see how it works, can't reassemble it then spend the rest of the day complaining that their new toy is broken.

Leave well enough alone FFS.
IMO It was a stupid f$&@en idea from the get go. Nothing I’ve seen so far has shifted my view on it.

I mean with penalties teams had the option of 6 again with a quick tap.

Often though teams would go for the quick tap but the ref would call them back to be exactly on the mark or so he could have a chat to the captain.

Maybe just return to that but not be so pedantic and let quick taps be quick

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6