Site Maintenance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow afternoon i will be starting up the new server, when I do I will move over a copy of the site, it won't be a perfect copy and some things will be broken, but by and large it should work.

I will then ask a few people to visit the address and see what they think of the speed and load times etc. If all is successful I will be pulling the plug on this server and migrating over to the new server.

This will take up to 48 hours though most people will be immediately able to access them. During the migration I will be turning this server into read only so you can't post new topics etc.

So please bear with us through the down time. But i need to get this done before the season starts next week.

In the next few weeks I will be purchasing the new forum software IPB and will migrate all the posts from this year over to it. From there, I will turn this software into an "Archive" and allow people to access it to see old posts, but all new posts will be in the new forum instead.

That will take sometime and I need to find the best time to do that as I need to work on the design of it also.

Anyway just a heads up and a call out for a few testers.

Dan

cool. I was going to start it this afternoon but some things have come up for tonight. So I can dedicate tomorrow evening and night to this and test all day. If it is no good then they refund the money

Without sounding as though I'm pissing in your pocket Dan.

Just wanted to thank you again for all your efforts in making this site such a great place to visit.

haha no worried manlyborn.

Going through stress with our real estate at the moment, so may not have the energy to do the transfer tonight so may postpone it a day, may have to take the wife to the doctors too so that could cut into it

Ok I need everyyone to go to
http://182.50.142.184/~silvert

The more people we can get there at once the better.

Lots of things dont work but that is expected behavior and they will work once the URL is transferred over.

So some images will be missing and you wont be able to get to news articles etc at the moment, but I need you to test the speed of the forums and the rest of the site to see if it is suitable for our needs.

Dan

Dan the speed i got on my computer was not any slower than here
Mind you this is when the site is not busy
Works fine for me- hope this helps

ok cool.

techincally it should be only minimally slower.

I get a ping time to the current server of 47ms whereas I get 200ms from the new server, as we are talking about milliseconds it really isn't anything to be worried about but I still need to check. I can always migrate back. I think I am going to bite the bullet and move us across tonight

Keep periodically hitting it throughout the day, the more hits we get on it the better. I can then move everything across tonight and then by Sunday at the latest we should be on there. That means the site will be shut down for a while this afternoon

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4