Announcement Site maintenance and downtime coming up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

I wanted to start some early information that in the next few weeks Silvertails will be taken down for about 24hours.
In this time I will be completely stripping the server back and rebuilding it all from scratch, I am going to have to backup all of our data and test it, whilst the site is down. Once I have the data safe and stored elsewhere I will be reformatting the entire system and installing new operating systems, then rebuilding the entire server software. Once that is done i will re-upload the Silvertails beast of data, test everything and bring it back online. The longest part of the procedure is transferring the data back and forth.

Hopefully from there with the clean new start we should have the site running really fresh for the season and I can start on some other major updates for the site that need to be completed by the end of the year before we drop outside support with our licenses.

I have not yet set a date for this but will try to do this at a time that has the least impact on all of you. Once I have set the data I will give you plenty of warning and try and do this whilst everyone sleeps

Dan

Silvertails will be taken down for about 24hours

im-frightened-auntie-em-im-frightened.jpg

How will some of us survive????

Just kidding , onya @Dan
Dont kid your self feathered friend .....
Most of us live on this sacred Manly forum of ours . It will have some psychological impact on us but we will pull through some how .
Take a few deep breaths and repeat .
All together now......
It wont be long before I will be able to log on
It wont be long before I will be able to log on ..............

Did some quick estimates on the entire process and if there are no issues we should only need about 4 to 5 hours down time. That is if everything goes to plan, with any luck and without being distracted by other things I may have it done in much less time

@Dan if you need a hand with it mate let me know. Happy to come over and drink beer and watch you work whilst offering words of encouragement
haha sure im down with that, but I think it best I don't drink as I do this.

Differently to usual, I have even made a checklist and I am going to test having a redirect page in place so you can all see the progress

This is a great segway into why people should part with a little hard earned and sign up for premium membership and the tipping comp.
PS. Love ya work @Dan
PPS You are slipping @BOZO
;)

Not happy Jan ,I mean Dan.
"Whilst most of you sleep"
Whats up with that @globaleagle ?
Cheers Dan ,Love ya work !!

I know! It's tough being an unloved minority. Though finally our dollar meant that it was only $24.50 for me to join the tipping comp!

@Dan if you need a hand with it mate let me know. Happy to come over and drink beer and watch you work whilst offering words of encouragement

..... "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

haha sure im down with that, but I think it best I don't drink as I do this.

Differently to usual, I have even made a checklist and I am going to test having a redirect page in place so you can all see the progress
Nerd Alert!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4