Sironen out to keep upping involvement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Wed 29 Mar, 2017, By Chris Kennedy

Manly back-rower Curtis Sironen says Saturday's huge 36-0 win over Canterbury wasn't just a good one for the team, it was his personal best effort in maroon and white and he is looking to continue to get more involved as his match fitness returns.

The 23-year-old has had a stop-start NRL career which is already into its sixth year; he has bounced between the halves and back row while also being shuffled between NRL and reserve grade levels and coped with a few serious injuries.

sirro.jpg

read more: http://www.nrl.com/sironen-out-to-keep-upping-involvement/tabid/10874/newsid/105138/default.aspx

I think young Siro is dedicated and keen to learn but up until now he's never been given the opportunity to settle in one position and fulfil his potential.
The fact that the Tigers stuffed him around so much could turn out to be a huge bonus for us.

This was one of the off season signings I was most excited about. He has a great combo of size and skill.

This was one of the off season signings I was most excited about. He has a great combo of size and skill.

My Tigers mate was so happy they got rid of him, basically calling him lazy with potential but no real desire to live up to the hype. I was pleasantly surprised at his game the past two weeks :)

One of my favorite Eagles of all time already. I'd love to see Paul in an Eagles jersey on the Hill !!

Wayne Cousins, can you please put this to Curtis:

I will buy Paul a fully fitted 2017 jersey, and a ticket to the game for him, if he agrees to sit in the Golden Section on the Hill with me, to support Curtis next game.

Note: Must be wearing Manly jersey. Note, I'll be tipping all the fellas at Fox to get some shots of him to show how passionate our fans and the club is in support of our players.

It is a cliche but winning does become a habit. I'm sure some of us have been in a team which has great belief and almost always pulls out a winning play from precarious situations. I'm hoping the two wins have our confidence sky high, so for me it won't be a surprise if we beat the Roosters.

Seems Sirro is back to his old ways.

You would not even know he has been playing for Manly, so little is his involvement in the past few games. If he keeps this up he will be back playing in NSW cup.

We haven't leaked many points on his side of the field. He is in the process of adjusting to life as an 80-minute NRL backrower, and that was always going to take time considering he has been a reserve grader or 5/8 or bench player over the past few years.

He has the talent and the size, he knows he needs to keep building, so have patience! (Not too many bagging Winterstein this week, and he has been a similar work in progress).

Sirro was injured on Friday, think it might have been in the beans or winded, at the 25 min mark. He got up but was bent over and in discomfort. Had 2 more hit ups, both were tough runs and at the end of the tackle he was in the same bent over position. Came off straight after the 3rd run and went straight up the tunnel.

Looked pain free when we won so thats good news

He and Winterstein are work in progress, and the progress is slow and steady.

A very talented kid, give him time.

Given appropriate coaching, I think Curtis has absolutely untapped talent, and think he could be rep quality. He has shown glimpses. Just needs to find it for 70-80 mins a week. Looking at some of our players development, I think Barrett could be the very coach to do that.

Offer is still there: If Paul agrees to sit with me on the hill, I'll shout him the ticket, all his beers, and buy him a jersey (has to be Manly's) to support his boy is the only caveat. :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6