Sipley finds plenty of hope at Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"I feel that with this playing group now that if you asked any player in any certain position, everyone is aware of the game plan and that's what you need.

"Des is getting the best out of everyone at training. One of his traits is that we are here to work, here to rip in, and here to do a job.
Not sure if that is an indictment of Barrett or a massive pat on the back for Des? Or maybe both...

Not sure if that is an indictment of Barrett or a massive pat on the back for Des? Or maybe both...

"When I first went back to Blacktown, it was disappointing because I felt I had done enough in the pre-season to put myself in the first grade frame, '' Sipley said.

"The thing I like about Des, and it transcends onto the training paddock, is that at this stage you don't know who is in and who is out,'' Sipley said."

All positive and I hope this all translates on the field.
The key now is translating vision into actions .
No excuses . We have a blend of Elite , Experienced as well as worthy young players capable of excelling
The buck stops at Des . No pressure Des . Good luck mate ;)

At present, we are a reserve graders paradise. That's what happens with building teams. Gives opportunities to players that can't make the good, or quality rostered teams.

The difficulty (like Lane) is keeping the talent when and after it develops, because that's when others swoop in.

That's why at present guys like Funa, Elliott, Garrick, Parker, Suli, Sipley, Waddell, Croker, Anderson, Perrett, Keppie Sioa & many more are being bandied around.

"I feel that with this playing group now that if you asked any player in any certain position, everyone is aware of the game plan and that's what you need.

More likely he simply used the wrong word ..... I think he may mean defensive patterns and attacking structures rather than game plan ..... but what he is saying is not new .... since the 70's, and I am sure much earlier, the reggies at a club all played exactly the same structures and patterns as FG ... so when a player was called up it was as seamless as possible ......

This is also why it is hard being a reggie coach ..... you don't have a lot of automony .....

The ball is certainly in Sipley's court ..... he is big, young and has something ...... a regular spot is his if he is good enough ....

Beats Barretts motto of: Have a good training session and we can get out of here early for a beer.

I rate Sipley...at least with the ball in hand. I recall him popping up a great pass for a try last season, and he always seems to carry a few with him post-contact. However, and this is based on only a few minutes of watching him play - I've seen him driven backwards in defence a bit as well, like he doesn't know how to use his considerable size to his advantage in defence yet. Sort of runs along next to the player he's trying to tackle, without using much force.

But he's a unit - 120kg forward with good ball skills is a useful weapon. Hope he fires up in 2019!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8