• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was a massive win last night under the circumstances but Cronulla lacked intensity in defence and it helped us generate some quick play-the-balls. Unfortunately, against quality opposition, we won't be able to play off the back of ruck speed alone. A game that is too simple can come unstuck as it did against the Warriors across the ditch. They slowed us down and we had nothing.

We are very clunky in attack and if you watch the Chooks, they do everything so smoothly and they throw a ton of shape at the opposition. I think we need to really work hard on attack in the off-season if we are going to threaten the tops teams for a premiership.

A lot of the clunkiness happens down Parker's edge as well. He catches the ball like he is nervous to drop it and he moves laterally like a semi-trailer. I'm not trying to bag the bloke but I just don't see how our backline can compete with the best teams. Suli is big and Tom is Tom but that is about all we have.

Last edited:
It was a massive win last night under the circumstances but Cronulla lacked intensity in defence and it helped us generate some quick play-the-balls. Unfortunately, against quality opposition, we won't be able to play off the back of ruck speed alone. A game that is too simple can come unstuck as it did against the Warriors across the ditch. They slowed us down and we had nothing.

We are very clunky in attack and if you watch the Chooks, they do everything so smoothly and they throw a ton of shape at the opposition. I think we need to really work hard on attack in the off-season if we are going to threaten the tops teams for a premiership.

A lot of the clunkiness happens down Parker's edge as well. He catches the ball like he is nervous to drop it and he moves laterally like a semi-trailer. I'm not trying to bag the bloke but I just don't see how our backline can compete with the best teams. Suli is big and Tom and Tom but that is about all we have.
Ive been watching closely and I believe a tactical change in attack next year will help. Chez to play left side and Walker to the right. Whenever Walker plays second receiver on the right he seems to have more space and has more creativity, its his natural side and I believe this would help Walker at 5/8 and it allows chez to team up with Turbo down the left where Turbo plays most of his footy. Allow chez to roam and play both sides like Thurston used to

Id still like to buy a strike centre for next year, we certainly have the nucleus of a premiership side but adding a strike centre would help us get to the next level

You are 100% spot on....
Very direct and punching through that middle third.
I watched today sober which is strange for me on a weekend and even Walker was punching up short near the ruck, adding extra pressure on the edges and winning tempo with quick play balls.
Playing to strengths which is what wins footy games !!

We are very clunky in attack and if you watch the Chooks, they do everything so
Rorters are in their 2nd year with their combos :nod:

Parker and friends are in their very first and injury disrupted year. They'll be better after another off season together :wondering::happy:

More shapes and options will come with a settled squad that is for sure, the Warriors game exposed our attacking limitations in that regard.
The improvement in line running on the edges with back rowers is our major improvement along with being too much of a go to play at times.

An example is DCE hitting Suli for the try yet tried a similar play hitting the lead runner again when it wasn't on leading to a knock on. The mere fact we scored off hitting the lead runner first time around was always going to suck in the defenders big time next time in the same area, the second man safer option was on and probably would of scored again.

More science and smarts in the lead up tackles prior to setting up the plays with more shapes and options is what Manly have work on for next year and that is why it is crucial to keep the Walker DCE combo long term.

We can still improve defensively also, there are a few players weak in the one on one department.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7