SILVERTAILS' TEAM ... NOW PICK YOUR #14 ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am surprised we don't have any followers of Bozo's 4 forwards on the bench with an extra prop or even Glen Stewart ...

I'm gunna ruffle a few feathers here , but it's Foran for mine....a healthy Foran who initially had the pace to play centre, the skill to play 5/8 and would also be absolutely perfect off the bench at dummy half....but the key ingredient, like every other player I have chosen is the competitive nature....this bloke drips with enthusiasm and that's what you want in a team, especially bring as an impact and lift your team mates, fans and definately would scare the opposition knowing he is fresh and ready to rip in off the bench !!
This may actually be his role in 2021/22

If we are talking Utility then it has to be DES, I would personally have DCE at 7 and then a toss up between DES and Tooves but as Tooves already has the number 7, I don't see the value in DCE as 14 so Im going with DESSIE.

This may be the most straight forward selection on the team list Woodsie. I think picking a coach may be closer haha

Matt Orford was the first that came to mind winning a dally m. But have to agree with DES. Covered more positions. Teams such as this do consider length of time and connection to a club. Impossible not to think of DES the coach. As a player he played for Australia and NSW which I don't recall Orford doing. Yep it's Sorry.

I think that the worst thing can happen is to lose one of your back three early as it usually means moving a centre and using a backrower in the centres, throwing out combinations. I would go for Shearer who can cover 1 - 5. Bozo or Jamie could move into the halves if a half or Krilich was off. Can see the argument for Des as well.

I think that the worst thing can happen is to lose one of your back three early as it usually means moving a centre and using a backrower in the centres, throwing out combinations.
Agree - this is what happened in SOO 3, when Tedesco went down early. If Papenhuyzen had been picked at 14 instead of Nathan Brown, the Blues may have had a better chance of winning the game (& series) ...

I think that the worst thing can happen is to lose one of your back three early as it usually means moving a centre and using a backrower in the centres, throwing out combinations. I would go for Shearer who can cover 1 - 5. Bozo or Jamie could move into the halves if a half or Krilich was off. Can see the argument for Des as well.
If we had to move a centre, we would be fine I reckon as you'd put Beaver in the centres and not lose much.

I am choosing Snake because 1) he would cause carnage if given the opportunity to sniff around the middle late in games, 2) can ball play if asked, 3) as Bozo says, speed kills and 4) if we are choosing a Best of the Last 50 Years team, he absolutely deserves to be there.

Des is my pick too for reasons already stated by other Silvertails Members.

Versatility being a real ace up the sleeve......would probably bring Rowdy into the starting line-up (covering the backline), Gift into #15 (covering backrow and even 5/8).........

and then #14 Dashing Dessie would surely be the icing on the cake.

That would cover just about ANY possibilities.

Des Hasler for #14

He could play anywhere. In the halves, the wing, centre, lock, hooker. The guy was Mr FixIt on the field.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4