Silvertails of artistic achievement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm sure a number of posters have played footy at a decent level, or achieved recognition for success in various business or community ventures.

My question .. am I the most cultured Manly supporter? I found out today by accident that I have an artwork in the National Gallery of Australia.

This in addition, of course, to the fact I was singing onstage at the grand opening of the Sydney Opera House.

Both these achievements were many years ago, the Opera House was in 1973 and the artwork was 1980.

But can anyone top this for cultural achievements among the Silvertail community? I f**n hope so because seriously I can't sing or draw to save my life. Yet it's true, I sang onstage at the Opera House and I have my artwork in the National Gallery.

Not normally one to blow my own trumpet but this achievement deserves a trombone at least.

FYI I also played footy for about 10 years. Also kind to animals (generally). Can someone help me post this on RSVP? lol

Kudos to you and all those blessed with artistic talents.

Can you post your artwork or at least a link to it?

Thomas Keneally, of Schindler's List international fame would be another who would qualify for this Thread.

...am I the most cultured Manly supporter?

Post us a photo of you at AAMI Park at the 80th minute of our last game this year.:flogger:
Then we will see how really 'cultured' you are :p

...I sang onstage at the Opera House

Trust that in 1973 it was..
Up the mighty sea eagles, chants the crowd around the ground.
This is our year, sea eagles to win. Its been won by the dragons, the rabbitohs we don't deny, but this is our year so join in our cry.
Manly Warringah, Manly Warringah.
They'll all be waltzing behind you this year.
:heart:

I post without swearing.

My name is currently being driven around Mars.

Me >>>> You!

CULTURED: refined, advanced, polished, intellectual, educated, sophisticated, accomplished, scholarly, enlightened, knowledgeable, well-informed, genteel, urbane, erudite, highbrow, well-bred, well-read. He is a cultured man with a wide circle of friends....yep, that's me alright...

HappilyManly said:
globaleagle said:
My name is currently being driven around Mars.

Why isn't it your hat GE, that is scooting around Mars?:D

Hat misunderstood the term 're-entry' and has since been banned from NASA. :exclamation::exclamation:

I won a second prize in one of the photography sections at the Tara Show in 2011 with a photo of my cute girls grinning out of a ute window.
I was thrilled and went to collect my prize - a certificate and a cash booty of $2 which I invested in half a schooner.
Lookout photography world.

With varying degrees and intensity of bacteria, the bulldogs must be considered the club with the most culture.

When I was about 8 or 9, my skills won me a colouring in competition down at the local Shell shop. 1st prize was a Sega Master System with Alex the Kidd built in, good times

Alex kidd in miracle world hahah! I remember that. Man, that ate up some long hours on weekends. LOL

How good was Alex Kidd?!? Sonic the hedgehog was good too!!!

Just recently, i won a round of the Daily Telegraph's Supercoach.

$500. Winner winner!

I think I have that Alex the Kidd music stuck in my head for life I heard that much of it !! The next day at school watching the clock waiting for the day to end so I could go and get it was torture.

California Games was another ripper

My name's on Mars biatches! Mars!

Alex Kid: Memory Lane!

Sonic> Alex :p

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZaKPVpEvZQ[/video]

Bloody Alex Kidd music....they should sell that on i-tunes. You can't forget it if you try. There must be a DJ mix floating around out there somewhere. If there is....I don't want it. Or do I ??? Bloody sega mind control!!

There is no support for cultured or artistic types in the NRL. Two of Australia's most talented installation artists played first grade rugby league and SOO, yet they suffered immeasurably for their art and were subject to public ridicule. It's little wonder that Julian O'Neil and Nate Myles gave up their dreams, the NRL just wasn't ready for them.

Stevo said:
How good was Alex Kidd?!? Sonic the hedgehog was good too!!!

Just recently, i won a round of the Daily Telegraph's Supercoach.

$500. Winner winner!

I won the weekly prize in the Telegraphs tipping comp back in 2010. Won $200 plus tickets to the GF.

Best bit is that I he round I won on was around July/August but tipped the whole season before the comp started.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6