Silvertails 2014 website Survey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

As the year draws to a close we would like to get some feedback from you in order to improve the site going forward.

There are some important decisions I need to make around software as upgrades are going to break lots and therefore I may consider moving to a new platform entirely.

This survey should help us in this decision. There may be a follow up survey based on these answers.

There are only 10 questions and it should only take a minute two.

Please make sure to answer the question about the cost of an app

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3W2GL79

Cheers
Dan

Cheers guys looking at dumping about $1000 into the site before the end of the year for software and native apps for silvertails there is a significant yearly cost that comes with having apps in the App Store and creating them so need to make sure that there is a decent ROI on these though.

Done....Although in all honesty I have no idea what a "native app" is ?

Andrew.. said:
Done....Although in all honesty I have no idea what a "native app" is ?

A native app is an iPhone, iPad and Android app directly on your phone, so you will get push notifications etc as well as launching silvertails straight from an App rather than going to the website

Mark from Brisbane said:
Done, not sure I need another App but happy to roll with the majority

There are options I may end up with forumrunner which many of you already have but my preference is to have our own app as I can push articles and everything via the app

anthonyb1965 said:
Done and thanks Dan and all who help!
There are a few who do heaps, such as Chip & Chase, Jethro, and Manly Backer, but Dan himself constantly works on keeping this site up and running and frankly I don't know how he finds the time. It's a labour of love and without his efforts there'd be plenty of us - me included - lost and pining.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
anthonyb1965 said:
Done and thanks Dan and all who help!
There are a few who do heaps, such as Chip & Chase, Jethro, and Manly Backer, but Dan himself constantly works on keeping this site up and running and frankly I don't know how he finds the time. It's a labour of love and without his efforts there'd be plenty of us - me included - lost and pining.

+1000

Technical Coach said:
Done but don't trust Apps in general so avoid using them.

Wait like apps on your phone? You don't trust them?
hmm this one will be developed by a 3rd party for a fee and will require me to have license for the Play and iTunes stores

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6