Signed Dirty Jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pride

Reserve Grader
Got my signed dirty jersey from the heritage round today and man this thing stinks and quite a bit of dirt through it. Anyone bought something similar before and has tips on washing these things without ruining the signature?

Who was the guilty party making it stink ?

Rub some deep heat into it and it will smell exactly like it should ;)

Moondog said:
Or just frame it under glass. The dirt shows that it's the real thing and you won't be able to smell it.

Actually thinking more about it does seem better to leave it as played in on the day. Thanks!

The jersey was Kite's.

I asked the wife and suggested this was womens work.......and that's when the fight started

Daniel said:
I asked the wife and suggested this was womens work.......and that's when the fight started

Even when you're right; you're wrong! This is life according to the other species!

Pride said:
Got my signed dirty jersey from the heritage round today and man this thing stinks and quite a bit of dirt through it. Anyone bought something similar before and has tips on washing these things without ruining the signature?
Well why on earth did you buy it? :D
Solution. I think Commander is on the right track. Give that a try. And let us know how it works out :D

Daniel said:

You're either very brave, or verrrry stupid Dan!!!

;)

Here's a tip - fold it carefully, put it in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer for a few days (a tip I picked up for getting the smell out of runners)
Worked once with a gym top I left in my kit bag in the car boot and forgot about for a couple of days.....
Defrost at room temperature and the smell will be gone but the dirt will remain (freezing kills the bacteria that makes the smell)

Vid do you seriously expect we will accept cooking tips from you?
(Apart from fish n chips?? )
how do I make my horse douvres more appealing?

Look,. I supsect you are the one who donned the jersy and rolled in the mud to make it look authentic, but ... I have to say,... is that any way to treat the Manly brand?

I got one a few years ago too and I soaked it in water for a while and that got rid of the smell. It did take some of the dirt out as well but left the grass stains, and autograph was fine.

vidmar said:
Here's a tip - fold it carefully, put it in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer for a few days (a tip I picked up for getting the smell out of runners)
Worked once with a gym top I left in my kit bag in the car boot and forgot about for a couple of days.....
Defrost at room temperature and the smell will be gone but the dirt will remain (freezing kills the bacteria that makes the smell)

do this

just make sure the plastic bag is tied up ;)

vidmar said:

How did you fold up trainers?

vidmar said:

This is how I would tackle it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6