Sick to death of night games.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Any of you also sick to death of night games driven by the broadcasters? What is it now? 2 games a weekend in the day? GF at night?

I really think the NRL needs to perhaps have a 1 pm and 3.30 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.

I know the broadcasters won't have it but we need to get back to when the |NRL was played during the day.

It’s the worst part of rugby league by far,
It’s a daytime game in terms of spectacle and fan friendliness.

It’s purely put on at night for the broadcasters.

Should be 6 pm, 8pm Friday night games
Saturday. 2 pm, 4 pm, 6 pm
Sunday 1 pm, 3pm 4 pm

It’s the worst part of rugby league by far,
It’s a daytime game in terms of spectacle and fan friendliness.

It’s purely put on at night for the broadcasters.

Should be 6 pm, 8pm Friday night games
Saturday. 2 pm, 4 pm, 6 pm
Sunday 1 pm, 3pm 4 pm
100%, but won't happen, the NRL a long time ago sold it's soul for the cash, but what for?,it is still basically broke, the only ones who have benefited are the players and agents, if TV revenue was 25% less but the NRL had total control of scheduling, guys like Chad Townsend and David Fifiita, Ash Taylor, etc etc , would be on 25% less, still great money for their talents,perhaps we could do away with the Bunker as well and have the referee actually referee.
The players will still play the game if the salary cap was lower, after all, where would they go to do better? , that way we could have more day games with better crowds, better atmosphere, possibly more revenue, but I know I'm pi$$in in the wind,

Last edited:
Any of you also sick to death of night games driven by the broadcasters? What is it now? 2 games a weekend in the day? GF at night?

I really think the NRL needs to perhaps have a 1 pm and 3.30 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.

I know the broadcasters won't have it but we need to get back to when the |NRL was played during the day.
Soooo much better to watch day games. Also, it suits Manly’s strengths.

I rarely have a beer unless its an arvo game. as a family we do something early evening every night we are home so the scheduling we have this season sucks on a personal level

footy is a better product in the day

but we are flat track, dry track, bullies and all the big games are under lights. at least with all the night games we can practice for the big games. as a team we need to be more adaptable than we currently are where we need185 moons to align to be at our best

If everybody in the game are happy to take a major pay cut and broadcasters are content with low ratings,why not

I was in WA for a few weeks last month and because of the time difference the 5.30pm Saturday game came on at 3.30pm. Loved it - really took me back to when I was a kid and every game was played in the afternoon. But, as others have pointed out, that ship has long since sailed.

Not gonna lie, the more night games the better for me..
I run my own business (2 actually) so I’m at my shops 7 days a week usually til 7-7:30…
The more manly games played in the day time is the more manly games I don’t get to watch..
But that’s me being selfish…

Even the English premier league football have woken up to it & has started Playing day games why can’t the nrl.
Because English weather is completely different to Australia,the EPL/soccer is the No.1 sport in England and the biggest reason is that the EPL is not wholly and solely reliant on the broadcasters $$$ to stay afloat.

Because English weather is completely different to Australia,the EPL/soccer is the No.1 sport in England and the biggest reason is that the EPL is not wholly and solely reliant on the broadcasters $$$ to stay afloat.
Slightly disagree. The EPL is totally reliant on Sky Sports billions but unlike the NRL still have some balls to make decisions. The EPL also get at of world-wide rights money which helps.

Most importantly thou not all games are televised which allows multiple games at same time which is why unlike the NRL means the broadcaster doesn't have to schedule for every game to be a standalone.

EPL also has a 12pm Saturday game. Multiple 3pm games (none televised) and sell outs at grounds every weekend.

Of course there are reasons but they are 2 big ones.

Slightly disagree. The EPL is totally reliant on Sky Sports billions but unlike the NRL still have some balls to make decisions. The EPL also get at of world-wide rights money which helps.

Most importantly thou not all games are televised which allows multiple games at same time which is why unlike the NRL means the broadcaster doesn't have to schedule for every game to be a standalone.

EPL also has a 12pm Saturday game. Multiple 3pm games (none televised) and sell outs at grounds every weekend.

Hey mate, if not EPL games are televised, how can you watch them? They all have commentary and are obviously filmed so how the English people watch their teams if not at the game?

I don’t watch every game,to be honest I only watch Manly games from start to finish,but I like the fact that you can watch every NRL game live with no games overlapping,unlike most sports around the world,the AFL for example.Obviously sponsors love that too because they get maximum exposure for their product

I don’t watch every game,to be honest I only watch Manly games from start to finish,but I like the fact that you can watch every NRL game live with no games overlapping,unlike most sports around the world,the AFL for example.Obviously sponsors love that too because they get maximum exposure for their product
Also means you can watch from the sofa. Crowd numbers are important too.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6