Shows Snakes impact!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Personally my favourite all time player Snake was initially a speedster who impacted a game with a few explosive moments.
In 2014 he calls 90% of the defence from the back, sets up 70% of attacking raids out wide usually hitting the right player at the right time, can do the tough yards from the red zone & most importantly gives the other 16 players huge confidence they will end up on the right end of the scoreboard & they execute every play that bit better.....
You talk marquee player...here he is....

Best player on the field tonight without a doubt.
But he has to be on the field to make a difference. You talk about marquee players look at killer. Hardly missed a game since he got here. Really, honestly we have to look to the future. For the money we are paying we need him on the paddock. If he can't stay fit then we really need to look at options.

Yep, watching that first half performance I was thinking if only...he had an uninterrupted career he'd be regarded as being up with the greatest that ever played.
And they wank on about Inglis Schmingliss.

He won't see out his 4 years. First game of the year and just had an off season. Absolute star but no good at 600k when goes off and broken down.

Said this a long time ago he's a star but a busted up one at that. Every time he gets the ball or gets tackled I cringe so that he won't get injured. We need a new fullback and Snake isn't easily replaced. Without The Snake our season is over.

To be fair, I don't think we had the ball in the first 20 minutes of the second half. How much difference would snake have made?

If memory serves me correctly weren't the conditions when he had a similar hammy twinge last year? Perhaps the extra softness of a wet brookie oval doesn't help with this.

He was outstanding in that first 40 min. He looked like has back to his best, I'm not talking about the speed in his legs but the decision making and the skill execution was sublime. Didn't get enough of a wrap because he made the really difficult stuff look so easy.

6/71 said:
To be fair, I don't think we had the ball in the first 20 minutes of the second half. How much difference would snake have made?
Plenty - his presence adds huge enthusiasm to his team mates.
They would have struggled to get over the stripe for 1, let alone 3-4 tries in that 2nd half.
As much as everyone including myself points to numerous bad calls changing the game, fact is with the right attitude should have gone on with it comfortably.

maxta said:
6/71 said:
They would have struggled to get over the stripe for 1, let alone 3-4 tries in that 2nd half.
As much as everyone including myself points to numerous bad calls changing the game, fact is with the right attitude should have gone on with it comfortably.

Would have made a difference purely from a structural point of view. Storm made easy yardage out that side simply because Matai was on the wing and he can kill momentum like few centres in the comp but wasn't able to out there.

maxta said:
6/71 said:

I'll have to agree to disagree. It was a good second half performance by the Storm with our lack of ball security and the refs doing their best.

Stewart doesn't stop other players dropping the ball.

6/71 said:
maxta said:
6/71 said:

I'll have to agree to disagree. It was a good second half performance by the Storm with our lack of ball security and the refs doing their best.

NO but his team mates belief & attitude changes when he is ON or OFF the field...
In the modern game a quality fullback is as dominant as Johns as a halfback in the late 90's.
Lack of direction contributes to these errors.
Yes , inadvertadley the dropped balls are part of it.

Sorry buddy. I'm going to have to disagree.

I'm not saying Stewart isn't a great player. He is.I'm just saying he isn't the messiah. It's possible we would have won without the injury. It is just as possible we would have lost. Believe it or not, we have lost before when he plays.

6/71 said:
maxta said:
6/71 said:

You're right he doesn't stop others dropping the ball, but I bet my house on it that he doesn't try to take not one, but two hit-ups on tackle one that gifted the Storm repeat sets.

StuBoot said:
6/71 said:
maxta said:
6/71 said:

You're right he doesn't stop others dropping the ball, but I bet my house on it that he doesn't try to take not one, but two hit-ups on tackle one that gifted the Storm repeat sets.

That I can agree with.

The thing about Snake is just his presence on the field alone lifts the rest of the players, when he was not there in the second half it clearly affected our whole teams mindset. Its something the team needs to fix, Snake is not always going to be there so we need to learn to play without him in those cases.

6/71 said:
Sorry buddy. I'm going to have to disagree.

I'm not saying Stewart isn't a great player. He is.I'm just saying he isn't the messiah. It's possible we would have won without the injury. It is just as possible we would have lost. Believe it or not, we have lost before when he plays.

All good, but can we check the win /loss ratio for when he does/does not play....& also ANY game Snake has played where we held a 16 plus lead & lost......neither can I???
Not a snowballs chance in hell we lose that game if he stays on.

Fair cop.

I think we win if Hiku and Chez play to potential and if the refs give us a fair go.

I didn't think our pack was dominated, I didn't think we lacked options.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4