Shaun "Exit" Lane mega thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
UATE CLOSE TO MOVE

Newcastle are on the verge of striking a release for winger Akuila Uate to join Manly.

The finer details of the release are still being ironed out with the Sea Eagles offering up the services of Brenton Lawrence as a sweetener to get Uate to Brookvale next season.

Lawrence has signed on with the Sea Eagles for another season after activating an option in his favour for 2017 but the Knights are unlikely to engage in a player swap.

Instead, the clubs are working on a payment plan which will see Trent Barrett’s team chip in a handsome chunk of Uate’s almost $500,000-a-season salary.

Am I reading this correctly? , Uate is a shadow of the player that he used to be, played in reserves all year, yet Manly is expected to contribute a handsome chunk of his $500, 000 a year contract, FMD what is doing at headquarters?

I like Gillett but I've got a bad feeling about him coming to Manly. He's Broncos through and through. 28 now and started under 20's with the Broncos. He could be one of those players that doesn't go as well when he leaves. Hypothetical I know.
Or he could be the next BK?.....wishful thinking!

Broncos might be able to come up with the cash now to secure Gillette if Reed has to be medically retire.

Looks like we have missed out on Afosofa and Gillette. And snake might dig his heels in which also means we have another 600k on the books.

Im ok with the Lane deal, he could turn out to be a great signing.

De$ booted Lane, so it is highly likely there were issues with this guy. Apparently he had a falling out with not only De$ but a lot of the coaching staff too, very lazy and has a poor attitude.....! And well there were rumours from earlier this year that he was into partying quite a bit.

He is also a turn style in defence but hey whatever.......!

Last edited:
I thought Lane was good at the dogs, still only young and if he can show some of that early form he'll be a good signing.
Uate would have been a great signing six years ago.

I like this signing,we would not have payed a massive amount and the potential upside is huge.I have no idea what has gone on with him falling out of favour but remember seeing him play for the Bulldogs and was very impressive.His front on defense was very good,he can hit and is not a turnstile at all,he has a big motor too (bigger than Solomona), he is athletic enough to play wide and does a lot of work up the middle.He is also not one of those middle men that get involved only when in the opposition half,he was regularly coming in and hitting it up on the second or third tackle after kicks etc...Could be rocks but could be diamonds at a cheap price.Looks a versatile player and you need that now with the interchange reducing...

Lane impressed when he was at the dogs. Being banished to piwi land was never going to improve things for him. Hopefully he has a point to prove and we need some size in our pack

Just cannot believe we are after Uate, we really are at the bottom of the barrel of this is all we can get now.
Absolutely right. As a club we are now the joke of the NRL. The club other clubs laugh about and count as a sure win. I haven't seen it this bad since the Northern Eagles days with Peter Sharp as our saviour. No one wants to come here and who could blame them.

I'll stand by the club through thick & thin as I have done since the 1960's, but it should not have ended this way.

Absolutely right. As a club we are now the joke of the NRL. The club other clubs laugh about and count as a sure win. I haven't seen it this bad since the Northern Eagles days with Peter Sharp as our saviour. No one wants to come here and who could blame them.

I'll stand by the club through thick & thin as I have done since the 1960's, but it should not have ended this way.

I don't think it's an " end" but it sure is a real " low ".

I have hope that we will rise again, wether it's with Penn / ZtH & Barrett is another matter.

This kid can play...a massive plus is his ability to offload a quality ball & attacks both sides of the ruck...Turbo & the outside backs will benefit off numerous Lane passes, behind those edges....mark it down & throw your tomatoes later....

Good player in attack. Very weak laterally in defence. As some have said, there are rumors that he has a poor attitude and work ethic at training.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4