Shaun "Exit" Lane mega thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Happy with this one, assuming he was cheap, I can't see his market value being too high considering his current situation.
I am also assuming he was desperate to come back to Aus.
I hope he reaches his potential at Manly

Lane was our third choice and only announced once Gillett and Solomona committed to their existing clubs.

A sharks junior and we all remember how our last sharks junior performed?

he needs to toughen up to play FG

So we've lost Burgess, Vave & Starlo, and gained Lane.

Is that acknowledging we will bring up Meehan / Knight and that will be the extent of the forwards for 2017?

Manly Sea Eagles sign New Zealand Warriors forward Shaun Lane for two years
Manly have bolstered their pack with the signing of New Zealand Warriors forward Shaun Lane on a two-year deal.

Lane made a promising start to his NRL career after debuting in 2015, but has struggled for time in first grade this season.

1472614304601.jpg

Moving on: Shaun Lane in action for the Bulldogs in 2015. Photo: Getty Images
After slipping through the Cronulla system, it appeared the 198cm, 110kg backrower had made a home at Belmore.

However, he was squeezed out of a star-studded Bulldogs pack and was ultimately traded to the Warriors as part of a player swap for Raymond Faitala-Mariner. While 'RFM' has since established himself at the 'Family Club', playing 13 NRL matches, Lane has managed just one first-grade appearance since heading across the Tasman.

Lane's Warriors contract expires at the end of this season and, after again being overlooked for the final-round clash with Parramatta, will link with the Sea Eagles.

Manly recruited strongly in the off-season but their forwards have struggled to consistently match their opponents during a disappointing campaign.

The Sea Eagles will be without several key players next year, losing Jamie Lyon to retirement, while Tim Moltzen (retired), Tom Symonds (Huddersfield), Feleti Mateo and Luke Burgess (both Salford) shifted mid season.

Siosia Vave will join Parramatta in 2017, creating an opening in the club's forward pack.

Manly may also part company with long-time fullback Brett Stewart, who has been struggling with fitness and form all season.

Another stalwart, Steve Matai, has also failed to see out the season but is aiming to be back for 2017.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...shaun-lane-for-two-years-20160831-gr58nd.html

I guess this isn't the " international" forward we were promised a few months ago!!

I actually agree with @bones , we aren't too badly off for forwards it's backs we desperately need to be competitive again.
I think that forward should go by the name of Matt Gillett, really hope we can secure him now, lane is handy considering we missed out on Nelson Asofa Solomona and has huge potential. As for the backs well I just bloody hope we don't get Uate cause although that could be an awesome signing it may turn out to be the worst... Very risky. Why not splash the rest of our cash on Gillett and James Roberts sadly meaning that we'll have to punt snake and use the Anthony Watmough excuse so we have his money available to spend. Hope Matai can play on but am doubtful to a degree, believe he's got it in him to play one more season with that neck injury but we'll see.

Lane was our third choice and only announced once Gillett and Solomona committed to their existing clubs.

A sharks junior and we all remember how our last sharks junior performed?

he needs to toughen up to play FG
Gillett is anything but committed at this stage. Solomona has officially resigned with storm and something tells me that Bozo won't be letting Gillett slip away...

I like Gillett but I've got a bad feeling about him coming to Manly. He's Broncos through and through. 28 now and started under 20's with the Broncos. He could be one of those players that doesn't go as well when he leaves. Hypothetical I know.

I think that forward should go by the name of Matt Gillett, really hope we can secure him now, lane is handy considering we missed out on Nelson Asofa Solomona and has huge potential. As for the backs well I just bloody hope we don't get Uate cause although that could be an awesome signing it may turn out to be the worst... Very risky. Why not splash the rest of our cash on Gillett and James Roberts sadly meaning that we'll have to punt snake and use the Anthony Watmough excuse so we have his money available to spend. Hope Matai can play on but am doubtful to a degree, believe he's got it in him to play one more season with that neck injury but we'll see.
Really sucks missing out on Asafoa.
But we need backs, but the cupboard is a bit bare.
MacDonald would have been great.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4