Post-Game Discussion Sharks v Manly [Round 7, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sharks
Vs
Sea Eagles
34 PointsBet Stadium
21 Apr 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sharks v Manly [Round 7, 2022]

Pre-Match Thread here

Game Day Thread here

MATCH DAY

Thursday 21st April 2022

Venue:
.... PointsBet Stadium, Woolooware, Sydney, NSW

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - 7:50pm.

FULL TIME SCORE

Sharks: 34
Manly: 22

278967341_10159733857575993_1684511852701444344_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Cronulla ‘wrecking ball’ Siosifa Talakai destroys Manly in ‘greatest half ever’

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharks were there for the taking this second half. Our execution has been woeful and didn't go close to matching the effort.

If only we hadn't given away a 30 point halftime deficit. Harper should never wear the jersey again, he has to go.
You know even one or 2 of those dumb tries we let in we win tonight.

no fullback no bench
no forwards and we took it to them.

I thought we would lose by 50 after that first half.

we will get them back at home later on in the year.

harper can’t be in the squad ever again. We looked completely different team second half.

I’ll take that as a win if it means Harper never plays a game for us again. Single handedly lost us the game in the first half and the difference between him and Koula was there for all to see. Des has a lot to answer for bringing him back into the team after his garbage performances at the end of last year and to start this season, who ever could have seen that coming against Talakai. Clearly not the genius Des.

Very proud of the effort in the second half though despite all the injuries and the huge deficit. The next few weeks will be tough to field a team but if we play like we did in the second 40 we’ll win more than we lose.

Koula has done nothing but make his case to be 1st picked in that center spot with Parker who was also strong defensively tonight . .If not for 1 or 2 soft trys not let in so easily or at all it could have been different story ,anyway lets hope that our injuries arent too bad .
Talk about a game of 2 halves
Sippers good Foz excellent Croker and Lawton worked hard ,Davey good .
A bad start to the game and we just couldnt fix it quickly enough

Surely, that is Harper out, at least for some period of time. I can understand why Des brought him back tonight (don't agree, but understand his thinking). Harper's been a bit better in his last couple of games, and Des was probably worried about the rookie marking up on Talaki (ironic yes). However, after that showing tonight, that will surely force Dessie's hand and we will see Koala taking Harper's centre position for at least the next few weeks???

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6