Shane Webke, Trent Barrett and a bit of fun.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Thought I’d share these stories just to promote these ex-players from opposition teams as pretty good blokes.

On Friday night a good friend of mine who I worked with last year was at a function where Shane Webke was a guest. She knows I love footy and she excitedly messaged me telling me she’d done me a huge favour by getting Shane to sign me a stubbie holder stating; To Nicci, all my love. She has no idea that I have zero interest in either the broncos or Qld but my gift is arriving in the mail this week, so good on her for thinking of me and good on Shane for signing it. She also sent me photos of Webke cutting it up on the dance floor and of him holding up a sign (in my friend’s writing) saying, “I love you J***”. My mate obviously had a great time and I think she might be a bit sweet on the old Webke.

Trent Barrett: Last year around August the ARL develop team came west to my workplace with Trent Barrett being the main attraction. A guy in my staffroom is a mad sharkies fan and I told him I was going to get Trent to write and sign – to Nicci, go the Sea Eagles. The sharkies guy said there was no way he would do this as he had never played for Manly. I found Trent alone in the staff room (sneak attack) and asked him my request which he wrote and signed for me. It was gold. My sharkies mate was shaking his head in disbelief while I was cracking up laughing. Trent’s a top bloke. He was fantastic with the kids that day and the female staff greatly appreciated his presence as he’s rather easy on the eye.

I think to help Manly this year I may need to get another ex-opposition player to write what Trent did for me.

Why would your friend write "I love you Jerk" on a sign.

Seems mean.

*WINK*

Thanks for the post though. Always good to hear these stories. I knew shane was a decent guy but didn't know about Trent.

I hear they speak highly of me though. cough.

globaleagle said:
Why would your friend write "I love you Jerk" on a sign.

Seems mean.

*WINK*

Thanks for the post though. Always good to hear these stories. I knew shane was a decent guy but didn't know about Trent.

I hear they speak highly of me though. cough.

Fellow secret agents can't reveal colleague's names. And I can't remember the details but I think in Trent Barrett's inspirational speech to the kids he mentioned your name at least twice. Study hard, play hard and you might grow up to be like globaleagle.

I would like to take this opportunity to promote a current ref as an arsehole haha

We got toweled up in our national cricket final, headed out into Auckland for a big night, and a ref with a first name of Kevin was in there after doing the Warriors v Souths earlier in the day

I approached him, admittedly with a fair few under the belt already, and what an arrogant prick lol, I felt bloody guilty the next time we had him controlling us and he was giving us a flogging in the penalty count, thought he might have been thinking of me as he blew each one haha

Not much point correcting a spelling error after posting hours ago but I just realised I typed - he's rather either on the eye - so I fixed it.

Kiwi Eagle said:
I would like to take this opportunity to promote a current ref as an arsehole haha

We got toweled up in our national cricket final, headed out into Auckland for a big night, and a ref with a first name of Kevin was in there after doing the Warriors v Souths earlier in the day

I approached him, admittedly with a fair few under the belt already, and what an arrogant prick lol, I felt bloody guilty the next time we had him controlling us and he was giving us a flogging in the penalty count, thought he might have been thinking of me as he blew each one haha
Kevin Shane hayne?

That's not good. I thought Shane Hayne was supposed to be one of the few refs that likes us

Didn't he get his great suntan at none other than Manly Beach ?

Great story nicci, now if only you would have done a banner and taken a piccy with Trent holding up the banner that read "Go Manly" :)

Cameron said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Kevin Shane hayne?

Correct

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2