Shall We split the Rugby League Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should we create a Manly Sea Eagles Only Discussion Forum?

• Yes

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 40 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

Just wanted to get everyones feedback on the idea of breaking away the current forums to

- Manly Sea Eagles Discussion
- Rugby League Discussion

This would allow for all Manly Sea Eagles only relate discussion in one, and then to a greater extent Rugby League discussion in another.

This should allow for fans of other clubs to still discuss football in general whilst not infringing into our rose coloured world.

I still think that there is room for opposition fans, and as we have a very strong community, one of the strongest of all 3rd party supporter sites, I can see why fans of other teams would like to join in our discussions.

So I want to gather everyones thoughts on me creating a Manly Sea Eagles only forum, as well as having the current Rugby League Forum also.

Cheers
Dan

Personally, I like it all together: easier to navigate around without having to chop and change from page to page.
(I like the crap [outsiders] being thrown all over the roses [one-eyed insiders])

Yes Dan, I'm sick of all the trolls and misinformation they spread, and only moments ago posted on this subject.
I'm for a split. I hope you can control it.

I dont understand how this would do away with trolls?

I say keep it the same

It is a good idea and it is implemented on most Rugby league forums but if this is only due to Mr i getting on peoples nerves it will not work. Mr i will still post his lies and negativity in the Manly section, he will just do it indirectly. Personally i love discussing footy with other fans, but not when its always something negative about my club, there has to be balance.

Leave it as is Dan, posters should learn to ignore the trolls by not responding to them, it's simple.

Well it removes the disguise of "discussing rugby league" they have no reason to discuss Manly, unless they are being genuine or trolling. If they are trolling they are then breaking the rules and will be banned slowly in due course.

As it is now they are not breaking any rules.

Other than that there are not changes I can make in the short term, I am far too busy coding the changes for this site for the end of the year, coding a new site, and planning for another, as well as working, renovating and looking after Matilda

I think it's a great idea, and something many other league forums do.

It would stop a lot of the branding of others as "trolls", and allow people to discuss Rugby League clearly and concisely without people getting uppity and calling others trolls.

It also means, need be, you could ban people from posting in the Manly Discussion section, until they have proven they can behave (or if they misbehave).

I voted yes, will help stop and actual trolls and immensly reduce the whinging at trolls threads

Pay to post would be my preferred option. I don't see how splitting it would stop them?

The way it helps is that if the users come into the MWSE only forum and either dont talk about manly stuff or cause problems then they are breaking the rules and can therefore be banned

most of the stuff people arc up about are manly related to be honest so I see it as a massive waste of time and work

While we are at it, can we make the Manly Sea Eagles Forum, a "positive post" only forum with no criticism of the management, staff or players allowed. In fact maybe you could draft up an approved list of post templates that users are allowed to work with. Any deviation from these sanctioned posts will result in immediate dismissal from the forum.

I'd also like to see uniforms for the moderators as well, and if I may be so bold, I would suggest a snazzy title and logo for the moderators. Something like "Silvertails Sycophants" and a logo of two stylised lightning bolts that look like S's.

Chip and Chase said:
While we are at it, can we make the Manly Sea Eagles Forum, a "positive post" only forum with no criticism of the management, staff or players allowed. In fact maybe you could draft up an approved list of post templates that users are allowed to work with. Any deviation from these sanctioned posts will result in immediate dismissal from the forum.

I'd also like to see uniforms for the moderators as well, and if I may be so bold, I would suggest a snazzy title and logo for the moderators. Something like "Silvertails Sycophants" and a logo of two stylised lightning bolts that look like S's.

PMSL

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4