seu seu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Im surprised no one has mentioned him. I thought he showed a lot of energy and was dangerous. Like KE said in another thread i was sure he would play number 6 but he game matty a rest ( I hope) and went gangbusters and could still have a part to play this year

I like him, always have and was really happy for him

He made hannant his b!tch

His play the balls are soooooooo slow. Look he was Ok, but really didn't do anything spectacular, certainly didn't show anything that would warrant him getting a bench spot once we get troops back.

It was a good hit no doubt, but with Foran, Snake and Hoppa more than likely back this week do we really need him ? Ballin didn't have his best game yesterday but he has been there all year as an 80 minute player, can't see the value in changing that now for a player who doesn't have the combinations worked out or doesn't really offer any genuine game breaking ability. Why fix something that ain't broke going into a semi final of all games.

I would still be keen to see him get a bit more of an extended run to have a fair crack at it. I'm still possibly in the Ballin could be more effective playing 55-60 rather than 80 camp, like with Heath in 08

He shows little glimpses when he is given a run in the side that makes me think he could be worth persisting with. Was very impressed at how he came on yesterday with the team needing a lift and was straight into the tough stuff, that shot on Hannant I thought was by Joe until I saw the replay

His dummy runs are that effective. For every good run where he steals 10 metres there are 2 or 3 where he gets caught by the marker making minimal metres.
I don't like his use of decoys or runner either, he is a little predictable for me. He adds a bit of spark its true, but it is effectively used.
His hit on Hannant was a awesome, but in the overall scheme of his style of play, I'd rather have 4 forwards than 3 & Seu Seu on the bench, particularly when Buhrer could step into Hooker if they needed a hooker in a pinch.

GF Team for mine

1 Snake
2 Robbo
3 Lyon
4 Matai
5 Hopoate
6 Foran
7 DCE
8 Gulavao
9 Ballin
10 Rose
11 Choc
12 Rodney
13 Gifty

14 Lussick
15 Kite
16 Tony
17 Seu Seu

I copped a serve on another thread for suggesting that Seu Seu had a good game yday. Dessie usually uses one of his forward replacements sparingly, maybe only 15 minutes or so. Just wondering if it would be worth having someone like Seu Seu on the bench, especially if were chasing points.
In saying that haven't seen Seu Seu play many good games apart from yday. Probably hasnt shown enough previously to warrant a spot on bench.

the mauler said:
I copped a serve on another thread for suggesting that Seu Seu had a good game yday. Dessie usually uses one of his forward replacements sparingly, maybe only 15 minutes or so. Just wondering if it would be worth having someone like Seu Seu on the bench, especially if were chasing points.
In saying that haven't seen Seu Seu play many good games apart from yday. Probably hasnt shown enough previously to warrant a spot on bench.

So do you want seu seu or don't you want him? you start your post saying that you do want him than finish off saying you don't? make up your mind before typing mauler

I think while G.Stewarts out the bench looks a lot stronger with Seu Seu on it, offers something different in attack to Ballin too, he may not of been spectacular yesterday but he was good and he did play better than Ballin.

dy-dan said:
the mauler said:

So do you want seu seu or don't you want him? you start your post saying that you do want him than finish off saying you don't? make up your mind before typing mauler
Can't see anywhere in my post saying I wanted him in the team Dy Dan. last line says don't think his previous form warrants a spot. Read the post properly before you post a reply champ.

Seu Seu did some good things yesterday. Unfortunately there is no place for him when we have close to a full compliment of players and Buhrer is around.

His passes from dummy half were about Randall quality but he did a few other good things.
He gets a pass mark but as a reserve

He is a much better 5/8 than hooker. Last year he outplayed DCE (and everyone else) in Qcup when he played at 5/8. This year I dont think he has made much of an impression playing hooker in NSW cup? He has the talent but just doesnt seem to be able to take it to the next level when he gets a first grade opportunity. He had a good game on Sunday but nothing like what he is capable of.

the mauler said:
dy-dan said:
the mauler said:

Can't see anywhere in my post saying I wanted him in the team Dy Dan. last line says don't think his previous form warrants a spot. Read the post properly before you post a reply champ.

you must be his manager or something ? tryin to give him a plug.

I think he went well but agree that as a back up hooker of the bench, we'd be better served with Buhrer. Having said that... After last year's effort in the QLD cup I do think he's a better back up #6 and he perhaps could have played there on Sunday and been more effective.

dy-dan said:
the mauler said:
dy-dan said:
the mauler said:

you must be his manager or something ? tryin to give him a plug.

Weird.
I read Mauler's original post as just posing a question and giving both sides of the coin on a potential discussion starter. No sure why you're having a go at him DY...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4