• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Terry Terry had a big chance to press his claims tonight with plenty of game time because of Ballins injury. I still don't see anything in his game that excites me though and I really don't think he is the answer to our utility spot on the bench. There were quite a few wraps flying around for this guy based on his efforts in Qld Cup last year, but it wasn't on show tonight. 

Guys - we have too many "decent" players, and need more stand outs.

King was a breathy of fresh air for mine.

We won't make top 8 this year (injuries taken into consideration) lets all be real here.

I think because of Ballins injury he probably didn't get to play the game he was intending.  I'm guessing he would have expected to get 20 minutes or so and to pretty much just go nuts out there with plenty of dummy half runs but I'm also guessing he probably didn't think Ballin was coming back so probably curbed those instincts to play a different role.  I wouldn't run the red pen through his name after that performance.

wonder how Higgins went in NSW cup at hooker?? Pretty young though, top hooker though for his age. Ballin looked alright but how good is Cam Smith though, frigging talent he is.  

Darren link said:
wonder how Higgins went in NSW cup at hooker?? Pretty young though, top hooker though for his age. Ballin looked alright but how good is Cam Smith though, frigging talent he is. 

Good player, but still a ****wit worthy of a booing on a grand final day as he sits idly by.

Masked Eagle link said:
I think because of Ballins injury he probably didn't get to play the game he was intending.  I'm guessing he would have expected to get 20 minutes or so and to pretty much just go nuts out there with plenty of dummy half runs but I'm also guessing he probably didn't think Ballin was coming back so probably curbed those instincts to play a different role.  I wouldn't run the red pen through his name after that performance.

Precisely.

Wanf bs mate.
Ballin clearly went out tonight with the instructions to lead and take pressure off the halves. Ballin had a poor game but what I do know is it wasn't a performance that we will see every week.

All of foran, turtle and ballin were poor but willing.

We need to understand that this is not the era of orford, toovey and cliffy.

Give these kids time and above that give these the freedom to play their natural game.

Not 5th but give them 5 years and one of our 6, 7 and 9 will have either a new premiership or a state of. Origin under their belts.

I feel a hint of our 05, 06 squad in this team and some kids with talent I can't believe. When this clicks it will be good to watch.

Even with the loss I enjoyed tonights game it was well worth watching and a decent game of footy

Dan link said:
Wanf bs mate.
Ballin clearly went out tonight with the instructions to lead and take pressure off the halves. Ballin had a poor game but what I do know is it wasn't a performance that we will see every week.

All of foran, turtle and ballin were poor but willing.

We need to understand that this is not the era of orford, toovey and cliffy.

Give these kids time and above that give these the freedom to play their natural game.

Not 5th but give them 5 years and one of our 6, 7 and 9 will have either a new premiership or a state of. Origin under their belts.

I feel a hint of our 05, 06 squad in this team and some kids with talent I can't believe. When this clicks it will be good to watch.

Even with the loss I enjoyed tonights game it was well worth watching and a decent game of footy
Well said.

Dan, I was talking about Seu Seu, not Ballin.
I agree with ME's comment of not putting a red line through Seu Seu's name and labelling him to never to play 1sts again.

Ballin would normally play 60mins which leaves 20 mins for someone like Terrence to go nuts. He wasn't given that chance last night, through no fault of his own.

If you were Terry Terry would you rather the 20 minutes game time or the 40 or 50 minutes he was given last night ? He had an opportunity to show what he could offer and didn't really impress for mine. If Ballin gets injured then you are saying that Seu Seu isn't the answer because he can only play 20 minutes ?

Seu Seu is not responsible for the lack of discipline and poor ball handling of his team mates. There was little cohesion last night and everyone's searching for a scape goat.

Give everyone another chance and see what happens by rnd 4. If it's not working, then bring in Liam Foran.
I saw enough in the final against the dragoons last year to see that Seu Seu had a similar spark to that of L'estrange.

Bones, mate Robbo scored while Seu Seu was on.

WAMF link said:
Seu Seu is not responsible for the lack of discipline and poor ball handling of his team mates. There was little cohesion last night and everyone's searching for a scape goat.

Give everyone another chance and see what happens by rnd 4. If it's not working, then bring in Liam Foran.
I saw enough in the final against the dragoons last year to see that he Seu Seu had a similar spark to that of L'estrange.

Bones, mate Robbo scored while Seu Seu was on.

Yes mate, you're right he did. Cheers. I want blaming him I was trying to think of one and couldn't.

Ballin still concerns me tbh

I don't think his game is going forward at all the past couple of years, I want to see some sort of ability to skip out of dummy half from him, and the kicking game could also use some work as well

I thought he showed enough last night to indicate he'll be good for the team. As some have said, he was probably ready to play a 20min impact role but with the injury to Ballin had to pace himself for a longer stint.
It's only the first round and there's obviously plenty of room for improvement but I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes over the next few rounds.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6