• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ricardo

Bencher
So if our team sets up:

Left
Wright Kelly Green Lane

Middle

Right
Winterstein DCE Walker Uate

It's pretty fkn obvious which side will be targeted.

While I will not say Wright or Kelly are passengers (absolutely not, solid players!) I will say one of them needs to be a defensive tank, and I would prefer that defensive tank to be the centre to protect Green (who does not have the defensive wherewithal DCE does, nor should he need to).

The fix? Swap the centres. Weapon Walker will break anyone running at Green and Kelly will have a decent chance at using his attacking guile. To me it's obvious, but maybe I'm missing something?? I feel that would create the right mix of defence and attack we are missing?

Oh and one more thing, Wright IS a passenger. Can't run (anyone see him with the ball in the clear vs Warriors only to be run down within a few steps?), questionable in defence and his supposed strongsuit,goal kicking, is farked unless he's right in front. Ok now that's out ...

Discuss.

Wrights goal kicking is an asset.

He is not the best in the NRL but unlike Walker and DCE he is a willing kicker.

His days are numbered because Taufua and Uate will the wingers whenever fit.

The only way to solve this problem was in a thread today from Snake I think??
Win the ruck in defence - control the tempo to allow the guards to protect our spot players Green/Kelly.
Worry about protecting the middle and winning the ruck ...this will be the Only chance to protect that left edge.

Attitude. Remember when this team travelled to the cows in Rd 3 and won against the odds earlier this year? We had 17 Blokes out on that field, who you could just see were totally determined to get the win.

We weren't in great form flogged by the bunnies the week before?

It was pure will to win. Winterstein was making try savers, we had blokes every where putting their bodies on the line. Our boys were tough and they played bloody tougher.

This weeks game will be won in defence. It won't be pretty.

But Boyz that will to win. You might just have found it when you were 7 points down and only a few minutes left last week.

You weren't in form then and your not now. But let's see that will from the opening whistle. Let's see it in defence. Let's see it in your eyes. Let's do this.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7