Set a trade window todd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

winnyason

Bencher
I for one am a bit over the constant player speculation. Agents negotiating deals and trying to get players out of contracts for better deals and clubs moving on players early who don't work out. The big issue i see is presently its simply a free for all contracts are not worth paper there written on.
Given our crap cap position in last 2 seasons we lost both blake green and brian kelly to better deals while under contract. Now to me we gained nothing from losing them. Would clubs openly pursue players under contract if they knew they have to give up some cattle in return.
Just really over it now doubt we benefited back in 15 from getting walker and taupau who where under deals elsewhere. But look at klemmer situation.

I for one am a bit over the constant player speculation. Agents negotiating deals and trying to get players out of contracts for better deals and clubs moving on players early who don't work out. The big issue i see is presently its simply a free for all contracts are not worth paper there written on.
Given our crap cap position in last 2 seasons we lost both blake green and brian kelly to better deals while under contract. Now to me we gained nothing from losing them. Would clubs openly pursue players under contract if they knew they have to give up some cattle in return.
Just really over it now doubt we benefited back in 15 from getting walker and taupau who where under deals elsewhere. But look at klemmer situation.
Agree , should be a draft on Juniors as well.

The AFL do it SO much better, just copy their system.

You’re so right Mark, but they (NRL) tried to get a trade system and the players wouldn’t have a bar of it. So we are somewhat stuck with what we’ve got unfortunately at the moment and it’s damn ridiculous, particularly with the juniors.

You’re so right Mark, but they (NRL) tried to get a trade system and the players wouldn’t have a bar of it. So we are somewhat stuck with what we’ve got unfortunately at the moment and it’s damn ridiculous, particularly with the juniors.

If the NRL has any balls they’d take them on, just announce from the end of next season this is how it’s going to work.

If the players strike , let them, strip their contracts and pay conditions.

The two biggest issues in the game today are TPA’s and the reffing system from top to bottom, and they don’t have the balls to change that either!!

I agree but you are asking the NRL to be proactive.
There's more chance of me beating Winx than that happening...

It was actually just one player (at least, he got the headlines about it) and that was Terry Hill. Tezza had already stated that he wanted to join Warren Ryan at Western Suburbs and I believe there was not only a letter of intent but also letters were sent out to the other clubs telling them that Hill was basically off limits to all but the Magpies. But Jack Gibson who was working at the Chooks at the time (Mark Murray was their coach) decided that he wanted Hill and promptly selected him in the draft regardless. And that is when the $hit started to hit the fan. Tezza did end up playing for Easts, but made no secret of the fact that he didn't want to be there and his court case effectively killed off the draft.

Todd cant spell his own f#cking name, how can he be proactive in the NRL. The worst thing that ever happened to this game is this twat
Him & beatnik make David Moffatt look like Arko & Quayle.

It was actually just one player (at least, he got the headlines about it) and that was Terry Hill. Tezza had already stated that he wanted to join Warren Ryan at Western Suburbs and I believe there was not only a letter of intent but also letters were sent out to the other clubs telling them that Hill was basically off limits to all but the Magpies. But Jack Gibson who was working at the Chooks at the time (Mark Murray was their coach) decided that he wanted Hill and promptly selected him in the draft regardless. And that is when the $hit started to hit the fan. Tezza did end up playing for Easts, but made no secret of the fact that he didn't want to be there and his court case effectively killed off the draft.

That was such a long time ago so just because it was dead then shouldn’t mean it’s dead now.

That was the NSWRL ( or maybe ARL) days , this is a complete different beast!!

Im not aware of any major sporting that has a draft for established players, most have a trade system and the draft is for rookies. Our sport is so different to most in that the top juniors are developed by NRL clubs. In US sports its the college system so effectively there are no "rights" to any players . AFL has a mix of VFL clubs and academies which dilutes that notion of internally developed. If our NRL clubs didn't develop these youngsters who would step in to do it? There isnt a ready made solution and if there isn't one presented there would be no point in spending a fortune for those clubs with big catchments o do it for no benefit so again there would be no effective development. I would be happy to see a trade window to bring it into a condensed timeframe rather than the ongoing speculation.

Player agents have far too much power in the NRL. As long as this continues to benefit certain power brokers such as Politis and the Broncos nothing will be done, especially as it seems they have something on Toddy.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6