Selection Issues - Injury Status

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Without turning this into another thread on the whole Brett Stewart guilt scenario, hypothetically speaking if he gets stood down where do we stand with team selection for Round 1.

Assume Robbo would go to fullback, but with Wolfman out that leaves us 2 wingers short. Are both Bani and T Williams fit at the moment ? What other options do we have ? Young Hoppa ? Neumann ? Cuthbo ;)

Just watching the braford game at the moment and menzies is having a shocker, they'd probley sell him back to us for $4.50 the way he's playing at present.

Chip & Chase link said:
Without turning this into another thread on the whole Brett Stewart guilt scenario, hypothetically speaking if he gets stood down where do we stand with team selection for Round 1.

Assume Robbo would go to fullback, but with Wolfman out that leaves us 2 wingers short. Are both Bani and T Williams fit at the moment ? What other options do we have ? Young Hoppa ? Neumann ? Cuthbo ;)

I wish they would. It would provide Ryan with enough ammunition to swamp any negative press we are currently experiencing with a mass of adventurous YARTS.  :)

If Stewie can't play and one of the Williams is injured, I wouldn't mind seeing Hopoate given a go at fullback (his main position, yeah?).

I will be surprised if Stewart is stood down. He has not been charged and it is rumour, innuendo and media fuelled at present. Should he be actually charged is another case.

Many players - Hunt, Costigan, Lafranchi etc have continued to play whilst a cloud has hung over their heads.

Manly have publicly supported Stewart, meaning (quite likely) that they don't think he is guilty of this charge.

However it goes this will be hard time for Stewart as the media scrutiny and associated innuendo will not have him in the best frame for doing what he is best at, playing footy.

missing_something link said:
Just watching the braford game at the moment and menzies is having a shocker, they'd probley sell him back to us for $4.50 the way he's playing at present.

He scored a try at the end though - I was yelling for him! :)

Downie link said:
If Stewie can't play and one of the Williams is injured, I wouldn't mind seeing Hopoate given a go at fullback (his main position, yeah?).

Firstly, I wouldn't want to see Tony Williams at fullback. Ever. I don't think he's ever played there....his positional play would be diabolical.

I'd give it to Robbo (done the job there before) or Bani (Bani's preferred position is fullback), or Dave Williams except he's injured.

I'll be gutted if Snake is stood down though. Putting aside my own personal thoughts on him as a person (I've always found him to be an excellent, polite bloke), he is arguably the most crucial factor in our team (neck and neck with the Ox in my opinion).

i wouldnt play hoppa at fullback, his positional play isnt up to it at nrl level but give him a run on the wing if needed.

There is also another winger who went well last year that could probably fill in, his name escapes me though

we'll see what Max says re: Brett being stood down ;)

Worst case scenario:

1.Robbo
2.T-Rex
3.Matai
4.Lyon
5.Bani

Still quite good - but doesn't come close to any lineup with B.Stewart in it

Are T-Rex and Bani fit though ?  That was one of my orginal questions. I thought Williams did a hammy and why wasn't Bani taken to England for WCC if he is fit.

sorry - i have no idea

i saw T-Rex training pretty freely a couple weeks ago when i went to play indoor soccer at Narrabeen.

didn't see Bani - but i wasn't really looking

01. Michael Robertson
02. Michael Bani
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tony Williams
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford

= still one of the most dominant sides going today.

Ryan link said:
01. Michael Robertson
02. Michael Bani
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tony Williams
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford

= still one of the most dominant sides going today.

We'd be even more dominant if we played Lyon at 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7 ;)

Whoops - LoL - ummm - lets throw Bailey in at 6 for good measure eh?

And I would LOVE two Lyon's on the field !

If no Stewart - Wolfman & ? with T-Rex - Bani

ROBERTSON
NEUMAN (BANI if fit)
LYON
MATAI
SUNIULA (T-REX if fit)
BAILEY
ORFORD

Only Orford & Matai will hold their positions from the GF

Wish I'd seen that game.  Damn the NRL for getting rid of reserve grade games on game day.  Now we can't see those fringe players running around.  Gallop is the tool who will lead this great game down the toilet, not the players.  Bring back reserve grade and have the under 20s the third game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6