Season Player Ratings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BrendonStarr

Reserve Grader
@:cool: Tom Trbojevic - 89% (2nd) - :clap:
Taufua - 61% (15th) -
M. Wright - 59% (17th)
Uate - 60% (16th)
Parker - 25% (22nd) ***FAIL*** @:mad:
Walker - 64% (Equal 14th)
Kelly - 75% (7th) :clap:
Suli - 64% (Equal 14th)
@:cool: DCE - 83% (Equal 4th) :clap:
Croker - 37% (21st) ***FAIL*** @:mad:
Hodkinson - 20% (23rd) ***FAIL*** @:mad:
@:cool: Koirisau - 85% (3rd) :clap:
Fainu - 70% (Equal 9th)
@:cool: Jake Trbojevic - 91% (1st) :clap:
Sironen - 70% (Equal 9th)
@:cool: Taupau - 81% (6th) :clap:
@:cool: Fonua- Blake - 83% (Equal 4th) :clap:
Thompson - 74% (8th)
@:cool: Lane - 82% (5th) :clap:
Tanginoa - 69% (10th)
Perrett - 52% (20th) ***FAIL*** @:mad:
Winterstein - 58% (18th)
Brown - 32% (22nd) ***FAIL*** @:mad:
Gosiewski - 67% (12th)
Paseka - 68% (11th)
Sipley - 66% (13th)
Tom Wright - 57% (19th)
J. Wright 11% (24th) ***FAIL*** @:mad:

Hastings - (Unrated but a class above Hodkinson/Croker)

I like the percentages, makes it look official.

Though it does start looking like stats, and "we don't take kindly to stats 'round here!"

You've left the dot out of Browns stat, shouldn't it be 3.2% not 32%?!

But I like it @BrendonStarr ,it's one of those lists that everyone will have a different opinion on.

As someone who's never seen this info before is there an explanation what its about?

Fainu can’t tackle
Kelly 10% diamonds 90% rocks
Joel Thompson deserved a higher ranking

Over (under) and out

I know we can't afford to do this but I raise it in discussion anyway.

I just don't see the following players getting any better and they wouldn't be in my top 30:

Jono Wright (Was a solid centre but now at the end of hos career)
Brad Parker (Confidence shot, lost speed since his knee injury and far too many mistakes)
Jorge Taufua (More errors than good moments the older he gets).
Lachlin Croker (Not a first grade 5/8 if inquiry free might develop in the reggies but we cam't afford to carry him in the top 30 next year)
Manase Fainu (Not a strong enough defender in the centre of the ruck and we have been soft up the middle since Api got injured)
Lloyd Perrett (Promised so much but looks to lack fitness and motivation)
Frank Winstein (At the end of his career and really never involved himself enough - Tough transition from union to league in the forwards).
Lewis Brown (End of his career).

Already gone
Shaun Lane (Sadly)
Akuali Uate (I would have let him go for the same reasons as Jorge.

IMO We need a tough coach like Maguire, a five eight like Maloney, two speedy outside backs and two good second rowers added to this squad to compete with he big boys. I know I'm dreaming but I had a dream!

Not sure what you were watching yesterday but he made several power house runs which were awesome.

Nice rating system. I agree with most of them.
For me the most improved player was Penny. Was a log at the start of the season but became our top try scorer. He's got a great future . . . at Doesn'tmatta!
My most consistent player was Jake and Api, who unfortunately missed the second half of the season.
My best player was Turbo; he was the only player who looked dangerous most times he got the ball. Our backline were pathetic, and he was the only shining light.
I'm not a Suli fan, purely because I don't think he is built to play in the backs. Hopefully he'll realise this and become the next Papali.
My most disappointing: Tom Wright. I thought he'd be something special. Perhaps next season. The same goes for Tent. A bloke of his size should be more dominant. He only plays for 10 minutes and doesn't have the explosive impact he should.
But, overall, the most disappointing aspect of the season was the disintegration of our once mighty culture both on and off the field. For the first time in my 59 years of following Manly I'm questioning whether the club has a future. We bombed out in all three grades. The club must get the ownership and structure right before we can hope for success on the field.

I know we can't afford to do this but I raise it in discussion anyway.

I just don't see the following players getting any better and they wouldn't be in my top 30:

Jono Wright (Was a solid centre but now at the end of hos career)
Brad Parker (Confidence shot, lost speed since his knee injury and far too many mistakes)
Jorge Taufua (More errors than good moments the older he gets).
Lachlin Croker (Not a first grade 5/8 if inquiry free might develop in the reggies but we cam't afford to carry him in the top 30 next year)
Manase Fainu (Not a strong enough defender in the centre of the ruck and we have been soft up the middle since Api got injured)
Lloyd Perrett (Promised so much but looks to lack fitness and motivation)
Frank Winstein (At the end of his career and really never involved himself enough - Tough transition from union to league in the forwards).
Lewis Brown (End of his career).

Already gone
Shaun Lane (Sadly)
Akuali Uate (I would have let him go for the same reasons as Jorge.

IMO We need a tough coach like Maguire, a five eight like Maloney, two speedy outside backs and two good second rowers added to this squad to compete with he big boys. I know I'm dreaming but I had a dream!
I disagree with Fainu. He is only 20 and will continue to develop. He was my best player yesterday.

I disagree with Fainu. He is only 20 and will continue to develop. He was my best player yesterday.

Agree last week he missed plenty of tackles but this week much better it was by far his best game in NRL. Once he fills out a bit there will be a huge upside for him.

Not sure what you were watching yesterday but he made several power house runs which were awesome.

Yes his defence needs work but his hit ups are invaluable...

He is supposed to be a centre.
Move him to the forwards then. George Rose has more pace and evasion that lazy fatboy Suli.

He is more than twice as good as Parker and has potential and room for big improvement. Parker has hit is peak (A very low peak at that).

He showed no potential or improvement. I agree, his ceiling is higher than Parker's, but if we are going off his performances NOW, he was easily one of our worst.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4