seaeagles election

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

who will you vote for?

• Liberal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

• Nationals

• Greens

• other

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Dancing zorba

Reserve Grader
just wondering if only silvertails posters were voting who would win I know there's a similar thread already but I don't think it is a poll?

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=184398.msg281046#msg281046 date=1280794167]
Johnny Howard was responsible.
He couldn't even rig his own seat....
[/quote]

someone rigged it to explode in his face. 

Why don't we run a poll at Kings or Knox Grammar? That's a good indication of the real word too.

New rule.

Anyone who votes Liberal, f**k off to a Waratahs forum & be amongst your own kind. I hear there's a new Volvo coming out you might like to discuss.

Duff link said:
Why don't we run a poll at Kings or Knox Grammar? That's a good indication of the real word too.

New rule.

Anyone who votes Liberal, f**k off to a Waratahs forum & be amongst your own kind. I hear there's a new Volvo coming out you might like to discuss.

I have got a better rule Dudd.  

And anyone who votes labor can f**k off back to their housing commission units in Mount Druitt, rob a few pensioners, shoot up smack, root their daughters, get them pregnant so that they can claim the baby bonus, shout the neighbourhood a party with the proceeds, create a riot and then collect the supporting mothers pension for the rest of their lives all the while contributing absolutely nothing to society other than the expansion of Centrelink and the department of corrective services.     ;D

Given the efforts in this thread it is plain to see how we are all drawn together as Australians and why democracy is an integral part of the fabric of this society.

This is beautiful, for years I felt like the only here that voted for the libs.

Great to see the likes of duff ripped a new one :)

Duff link said:

New rule.

And why not have a poll at Knox or Grammer - after all they are receiving huge funding, well above that given to state public schools by the labor government. 

Julia Gillard extends private school funding arrangements to 2013
Justine Ferrari and Sid Maher From: The Australian August 04, 2010

JULIA Gillard has confirmed she will extend funding arrangements for private schools in a bid to defuse concerns - but the move has angered teachers.

The Australian Online reported this morning that the Prime Minister would today cave in to the private schools lobby by extending the current funding agreement for an extra year.

Private school sources said the decision meant their current funding levels would now be guaranteed until the end of 2013 with any new model to start from 2014.

Ms Gillard confirmed the story with a statement and at a press conference this afternoon saying she wanted to lock in funding “for the entire term of the next parliament” until 2013.

“We will lock in so schools have certainty for the years 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013,” Ms Gillard told reporters in north Queensland.

“I want every parent who votes in this election to know what funding they will get for their local school from me as Prime Minister.

“I want that to be absolutely transparent and I want it to be absolutely transparent because I want every parent to understand what Mr Abbott's cuts will mean for their local schools: no more trades training centres, no computers in schools, no investments in better quality teaching.

“The choice wouldn't be clearer. I will be there as PM with certainty about what is happening in every school around the country, having almost doubled the amount of money going into school education and Mr Abbott will be standing there with his list of cutbacks.”

Ms Gillard said the review of school funding by David Gonski that she ordered as education minister would be completed in time for the next election, due in 2013.

“Parents will get their say and all of that will be available for parents to judge before they are required to vote at the next election in 2013,” Ms Gillard said.

But the Australian Education Union said it was clear Labor had caved in to pressure from private schools.

“Labor will not have changed in almost seven years a system which they have repeatedly acknowledged is flawed and failing to deliver for all children,” union president Angelo Gavrielatos said.

Public schools, which educated two-thirds of students, were only receiving a third of federal funding.

“The private schools that get the most funding are the richest in the nation,” Mr Gavrielatos said. “It is a funding system that is biased against public schools.”

The Gonski review is the first to look at government and non-government school funding since the early 1970s.

“Following the recommendations of the independent Funding Review Panel, a re-elected Gillard Labor government will put forward its proposals for future funding for consultation with schools, education systems and parents,” the Prime Minister's written statement said.

While the Labor Party has promised that no school will lose a dollar in any new funding system, it has not guaranteed the private schools will maintain funding in real terms.

Under the current system introduced by the Howard government, private schools are funded based on the socio-economic status of the students.

Half the nation's private schools are exempt and receive more money than they should under the formula.

Knox and King's have received millions from the BER funding and have massive new buildings and infrastructure as a result. Many builders have kept their jobs as a result. My kids' school has a fabulous new centre and the laptop rollout has been fantastic. Pity that Abbott stands against both these things! Despite the claims of extravagant spending and debt, ours is very minor in comparison to other Western economies. However, don't let the facts spoil the rhetoric. It is ironic that the Libs have chosen the least economically literate of all their old front bench as their leader!!

I went to one of the top public schools in the state and still benefit from that.  North Sydney Boys was still just about broke though and so it disgusts me that we prop up kings etc. 

The BER might be good for Kings and Knox but the average public school has received SFA from the BER.  

Look around the public schools on the northern beaches and see what how little have received under the BER and how they compare to what the the private and catholic schools received under BER.  

Most private schools have better toilet blocks than classroom buildings in state schools.  No doubt you teach in a private school and your kids attend private school as well.

The divide between the private schools and the public schools is huge and getting worse.  The government should spend money in such as away that all schools have equal facilities whether they are private or public.  

By the sound of it there will be a lot of parents from private schools who will be voting for labor because of the benefits that they have received from the BER.  Probably updating their volvos at the same time

The Gronk link said:
I went to one of the top public schools in the state and still benefit from that.  North Sydney Boys was still just about broke though and so it disgusts me that we prop up kings etc. 

Exactly.  North Sydney boys high didn't receive millions under the BER and neither did Manly selective school.  I live 500 yards form balgowlah boys high and there has been very little work under the BER there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6