Sea Eagles winger poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Manlys wing spots

• Taufua & Wolfman

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Taufua & Hiku

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Taufua & Blair

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Taufua & Other suggestion (Nominate)

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
I am guessing that Taufau will be everyone's 1st winger picked so who do you want to see on the other wing and why

Taufua & Wolfman
Taufua & Hiku
Taufua & Blair
Taufua & Other suggestion (Nominate)

this poll is assuming Brett Stewart is fit and healthy in the #1

Hiku. He is good in the Air and has to be in the 17. Wolfy is struggling, blair has been great but Hiku has been even better.

NRL site says Jorge due back round 5. Sounded like a fairly serious injury, so hope he's made a full recovery.

Atm I'd go for Tafua and Blair, with Hiku on the bench for Snake.
No disrespect to Wolfman. He seems to be lacking a bit of confidence and he will bounce back. He is a great finisher for the Eagles.
In saying that, with a fit Snake and Gift, whoever's on the wing will do the job.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
NRL site says Jorge due back round 5. Sounded like a fairly serious injury, so hope he's made a full recovery.

I remember reading somewhere that he was close to being fit this wknd, but its not 2V style to rush anyone back early unless they need to be.

So he missed another week. I rather Taufua be 100%.

JT and Wolfy for me. Wolfy's all round attacking game is still ahead of Blair. And when he gets his confidence back, these ideas will be fish and chips paper.
Think of the time and lattitude extended to JT to get his catching / defence right. And now look. No one is in any doubt about him.

On the other hand, How old is David Williams ? It is a 'young man's game'.

Williams form is well down. His career may be over. His confidence may be shot. How long should he be given?

He has however played for Australia, SOS, NSW City and scored 65 tries for manly and received more standing ovations and Brookvale Oval than haircuts.

I personally believe that anybody that wishes to prematurely replace him with any player whose current CV is as empty as Cronulla's trophy cabinet needs to be attended to by niccipop's probe wielding Aliens to ascertain if their brains have been numbed by sitting on it for too long.

Disclaimer: this is not a criticism of any other players simply a statement of fact. Any offence taken by anybody that actually does sit on their brain is deeply regrated.

It's a real tough one...thinking Hiku is a better fullback or centre, but has to be in the 17.
Blair is doing OK too, so for me right now I'd give Wolfie another chance against the Tigpies ( and will applaud as loud as any if he comes good) but if he falters again it might be time to look at Hiku or Blair for awhile.

I'm assuming Horhay is back next week here of course. And that Tooves will stick with the Wolf.

OK I like being different. Voted other because I have seen Berryman play wing and he is fast and a natural winger - I reckon Hiku is best at fullback or centre and Blair is OK but some defensive lapses, Wolf might come good again. However just pointing out I think that we have another option that could be just as good as the others.

I'd like to see Hiku play on the wing, simply to see if he can play on the wing. If he can make a good fist of it, then him and Jorge give us real great kick returns and lets Snake not take that battering.

Blair has gone well this season, before the Roosters game I would have said he didn't get involved enough getting us out of trouble but I thought he was excellent at that. Its reasonable to expect that he take a while to feel like he belonged in Maroon & White, but he'll give Tooves some headaches.

I love Wolfy and whilst the other wingers aren't perfect, he's probably making on average more errors then they are atm. I also think opposition teams are aware of that and they are targetting him because of it meaning the pressure is just going to keep building on him. I don't think Tooves will drop him for a while yet, so I hope for his sake it doesn't get too him.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2